- This topic has 18 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 months ago by TriangularStudios.
- Saturday, July 2nd, 2022 at 16:42 #324987soge-kingParticipant
I’ve finally put all my Crypto assets into a cold wallet, and you should too!
I’ve purchased a Ledger Nano S wallet half a year ago, but I’ve been putting off setting it up and transfering my assets into it for months.
After seeing more and more platforms suspending people’s accounts and frozen their assets single-sidedly, I’ve finally took half an hour to do it before it’s too late for mine.
It feels great! And you should do it too.
Finally knowing my crypto is secure, mine and mine alone, completely decentralized, I finally have a deeper appreciation of Crypto Currency fundamental values. For those who’re still on the edge of getting a hard wallet, if you had more than the price of the wallet, I suggest to get one too before it’s too late. Good luck friends.Saturday, July 2nd, 2022 at 16:42 #324996harleybqrazy
Noice! 🙂Saturday, July 2nd, 2022 at 16:42 #325005TriangularStudios
Did you have to do any third party wallets on ledger?Saturday, July 2nd, 2022 at 16:42 #325004devboricha
Cefi on web3 are most risky. Celcius, blockfi, 3AC, Luna.Saturday, July 2nd, 2022 at 16:42 #325003kn0lle
Good idea. That’s the best place for your coinsSaturday, July 2nd, 2022 at 16:42 #325002mitrobe
Congrats, and if you want to top up, I recommend using instant swap platforms like Simpleswap, because they don’t hold your cryptoSaturday, July 2nd, 2022 at 16:42 #325001okletstrythisout3
Nano X allllll day, brahSaturday, July 2nd, 2022 at 16:42 #325000Armadillo-66
If exchanges close down how do you convert back to fiat?Saturday, July 2nd, 2022 at 16:42 #324999fixerdrew02
SameSaturday, July 2nd, 2022 at 16:42 #324998OlDirtyPIumber
Can you tell me a little about it? Can you put each and every type of coin you may have on it? Unlimited amount of any coin? How much does it cost? Have a good link to buy one on?Saturday, July 2nd, 2022 at 16:42 #324997StandardCell9963
I’m using Binance, all I have to do is keep my seed phrase safe. If you think Binance will fail then you think the entire crypto industry will fail tooSaturday, July 2nd, 2022 at 16:42 #324995_J_2xU_
I’ve been seeing way too many posts and comments defending the safety of exchanges, and it’s very worrisome. Self-custody is the ONLY secure way to store your crypto.Saturday, July 2nd, 2022 at 16:42 #324994Novel-Counter-8093
ok. but did you hammer your seed phrase onto metal yet?Saturday, July 2nd, 2022 at 16:42 #324993kirtash93
I use to move my coins to my cold wallet every month. If the coin has high fees like ETH I wait a bit longer. I try also to stake with the native way not using exchanges.
I feel pretty safe doing that.Saturday, July 2nd, 2022 at 16:42 #324992BarryMcCockinnnerrr
Wow it’s almost like we have seen this same exact post 100 times already before but let’s make another post about moving your crypto off exchanges 🙄Saturday, July 2nd, 2022 at 16:42 #324991bsamiam45
My ledger is arriving today.Saturday, July 2nd, 2022 at 16:42 #324990i77777
people are worried even big exchanges e.g coinbase could even shut down based on them firing 18% of their staff
at the end of the day, exchanges come about; spend a lot of money on marketing and then considered as trustworthy as a bank? theres also cases of when exchanges get hacked aswell. Better safe than sorry so im happy for youSaturday, July 2nd, 2022 at 16:42 #324989BlubberWall
Congrats, I also love my ledger. Cold storage is the way to go, I’m not concerned about exchanges like CB or binance but I’d still rather hold/stake it myselfSaturday, July 2nd, 2022 at 16:42 #324988HANDSOMEHISOKA
At this point my portfolio costs as much as a wallet
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → My friends and I want a cold wallet, but we’re concerned that our country’s customs officer will tamper with the device (they always freely open it). Does resetting the cold wallet after they’ve been tampered makes them safe to use? Or are there some advanced tamper chips that will survive resets
- → Reminder about Cold Wallets: NEVER EVER enter your seed phrase ANYWHERE except INTO THE COLD WALLET. And ONLY if you’re RESTORING the wallet
- → Complete crypto newbie here. Forgive me….Living in Canada, what’s the best (cold wallet)? to put a bitcoin in? My wife and I have decided to buy one. Is this easy to do? We just want to buy one coin, and have it taken into cold storage, to hang on for a rainy day. That’s it. Suggestions? Thank you
- → 50 years old got into crypto around Febuary this year . Ive been using my algo wallet and doing governance. This governance will be my first time doing defi . I want something simple to capture the advantage this period but nothing risky would love to hear my options
- → Aside from Ledger and Nano Hardware wallets, are there any cold storage wallets currently under development that supports ETH? Are there new features and inventions in the cold storage wallet industry?
- → This is the time to put your digital assets (BTC) to a cold storage wallet.
- → Went from holding crypto in exchange to hot wallet to cold wallet and it feels so liberating!
- → “Investors’ crypto assets were supposed to be in cold storage, but Invictus invested them in Celsius instead.”
- → Binance is encouraging withdrawing/minting your crypto into tokens on Binance chains, without confirming they hold the underlying asset. They fail to provide Proof of Assets for at least 51 of the crypto assets available to withdrawal to BEP2/20 and those they do, it’s often inadequate reserves.
- → Idk if ive gotten confused somewhere along the line with solflare stake upgrade to marinade
- → Hey Guys, ive been slowly adding to my ETH and staking it as soon as I get it. Almost got myself 2 ETH staked right now. I just saw something about 2.0 being replaced or rebranded. Is this a bad thing? Would this affect our staked coins or not?
- → Has anyone had issues getting on Holaplex? I cant even upload a logo without getting a failed to upload error. Ive reached out to them on twitter but haven’t heard back. Please help
- → Ive never been in this deep
- → Ive been thinking about this alot lately.
- → This week I finally did it. I had over 1 BTC all over the place, Gemini, Nexo, BlockFi…. Not anymore. All of it is now in cold storage. Stop contributing to the abundance of BTC on exchanges and take self custody! [Image]