- This topic has 8 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 months ago by Novel-Counter-8093.
- Friday, April 1st, 2022 at 00:15 #206122Yodel_And_Hodl_ModeParticipant
First of all, I strongly encourage you to put Backup Day in your calendar with a repeating reminder to check on your backups every year. Make sure your seed phrase is stored securely, make sure your hardware wallet works and has up to date firmware, etc.
It’s good to check that stuff once a year, just to be sure!
**Now, let’s talk backup strategies for your seed phrases and passphrase.**
For my seed phrase, I use the original Cryptosteel (not the capsule), but I think I may replace it with something like the Keystone Tablet, or maybe a DIY solution. I’m in the early process of figuring out a system I’d prefer. For now, my passphrase is stored in a separate location with no reference to what it is (in other words, if somebody found it, they’d have no way of knowing it’s meaningful in any way). I still need to come up with a long term solution for foolproof passphrase backup.
What about you?
Please share any ideas, tips, questions, etc. Let’s learn from each other.
P.S. It’s ironic that World Backup Day is the day before April Fools. If tomorrow is about being a fool, today is about doing something really wise.Friday, April 1st, 2022 at 00:15 #206123Bucksaway03
Your backups are useless unless you test them. Just remember that.Friday, April 1st, 2022 at 00:15 #206124FinishGloomy
Gotta have backup for your backupFriday, April 1st, 2022 at 00:15 #206125koalaposse
The washers bought from a hardware, numbered and stamped, and put on a ring or string.
A letter stored in an envelope taped to inside and underneath of storage.Friday, April 1st, 2022 at 00:15 #206126flyfreeflylow
I have insufficient storage for a full world backup.Friday, April 1st, 2022 at 00:15 #206127spongebobmoon
Just plant the seeds in some dirt and dig them up when needed.Friday, April 1st, 2022 at 00:15 #206128thats_classick
Have it tattooed on a body part where no one can see.Friday, April 1st, 2022 at 00:15 #206129Jxntb733
It’s already April 1st in the majority of the world – but I get it – America is the world – HAHA APRIL FOOLS – did I do it right?Friday, April 1st, 2022 at 00:15 #206130Novel-Counter-8093
3mm thick stainless steel plate = $10
3mm letter and number punches = $10
hammer your seeds onto that plate.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → What’s the best bulk data backup solution like Filecoin, but ideally something I can push Borg backups to (and how do I do it)?
- → may I have a confirmation about how seeds and Keys are saved using SMS? As far as I understood there’s no need of any special hardware and Keys and seeds are saved in a secure enclave in CPUs which is something more or less every phone already has. right?
- → Best way to backup private keys/seeds in encrypted usb drives!