- This topic has 34 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 months, 3 weeks ago by wildhair1.
- Thursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 18:37 #295001xSciFixParticipant
The entire point is that it is decentralized. There is no central authority that can step in. The crypto solution to “who watches the watchmen” is decentralization and no central authority. There are pros and cons to that; take it or leave it.
You can go trade stocks, bonds, commodities, all kinds of securities if you want that government protection. Stop trying to turn this into just another asset class.
I don’t need to be “protected” and have crypto be neutered because people can’t stop piling into ponzi schemes. Maybe the government should regulate multi-level marketing first.
All y’all are doing is making big finance capital’s argument for them. It’s embarrassing tbh.
It’s frauds and scams all day long in every sector in the economy. Stop being greedy or get rekt. No amount of govt regs will help that.Thursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 18:39 #295002KilzzoneXD
While I mainly agree with you, regulation will eventually happen like it or notThursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 18:39 #295016doughmang7d7
As someone who has also lost money. I can’t agree with you more. It’s our own greed and judgement and I’m down to keep that during the good and the badThursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 18:40 #295020lastt1ger
When earn money: I’m a motherfuker genius!!
When lose money: Gov fault!Thursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 18:40 #295004humiteetbe
if we want proper widespread adoption, some regulation will be needed. the average person is not going to entrust much of their wealth to an industry with so few protectionsThursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 18:40 #295017hicoBM
Regulations are coming soon!!! And crypto is not decentralized you know why son? Because you use a fucking device that is centralized to access to the crypto including the internet that you use 2 Thursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 18:44 #295015Libby_liberace
“ I’m from the government and I am here to help “Thursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 18:45 #295006ALiteralHamSandwich
CEXes are not decentralized and are what the regulation will be for.Thursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 18:49 #295013Clash_My_Clans
Greedy people along with with noobs will still fall into scams and ponzis no matter how much it’s regulated but it’s better to do something than noneThursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 18:51 #295003FJPollos
You seem to think that people who call for further regulations are salty because they bought into dogeeloncummars coin with 10000% apy and lost their money. That’s only part of the story though, and by far not the most relevant. Exchanges trade against us. Scammers and conmen are everywhere. Legit projects turn sour at the blink of eye, as the devs cannot resist the temptation to run away with the funds. Why would one want this to continue, and what has this to do with greed?Thursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 18:51 #295018Hot-Extent-3302
I agree.Thursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 18:53 #295009TarkovReddit0r
I think that’s the opinion most here share. Crypto as an asset is highly riskyThursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 18:57 #295008Remarkable_Term6189
I intentionally drink bleach then blame the government for not stopping the bleach from going down my throat.Thursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 19:03 #295021kirtash93
Greed is a very dangerous sentiment.Thursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 19:03 #295022Wonzky
It’s less so demanding and more of an inevitability at this point, better just to pay attention and see where it goesThursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 19:03 #295014iamjide91
We are like minds. I frown at people who want the space regulated because of the LUNA ish. This space is for freedom fighters. If your want restrictions, find them elsewhere.Thursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 19:08 #295012CyberSKulls
I know this will be an unpopular opinion here in the sub, but I agree with the OP. I got in around 2015 so even I was way late. But most in this sub are far newer than me and have no idea what Bitcoin was created for. Everyone wants number go up technology, wen institutions, wen moon. And here we are with regulation coming.
Anyone who wants to see why this space came to be, go to YT and watch any old Bitcoin documentary and see how far off the path we have wandered since then.
I’m not a BTC maxi as I bought into plenty of PoS shitcoins early on and use the rewards like a daily dividend to acquire more Bitcoin. But I can def see where the OP is coming from.Thursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 19:17 #295023Scipio_Americana
Who are you addressing? Do you think the SEC peruses this sub for regulation ideas? Unless you are profiting from scams, what is there to fear? This whole post has super weird vibes with a hint of angry incel.Thursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 19:18 #295031MalletSwinging
This is a stupid fucking post. Common sense regulations will help normal people get into crypto and drive prices higher. There will always be small defi exchanges where you can buy your shitcoins. If you don’t think regulation is needed you are either a CEX shill or a dipshit.Thursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 19:20 #295033Louiiss01
Regulation is inveitable, it will be a good thing for crypto over the long term. Less of a roller coasterThursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 19:29 #295019WhiskeyTangoTrotfox
OP: I love lawlessness. It’s such a great trade off for the perks. This is Decentralized Land!
![gif](giphy|26DNioenMF55ocuWY)Thursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 19:30 #295034BitSoMi
>Stop trying to turn this into just another asset class.
Never was anything else.Thursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 19:31 #295024thenudelman
Mass adoption but regulation or cypherpunk ideology, choose oneThursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 19:39 #295010Videphris
Layer 0’s will be governance and prevent Ponzi’s once the market is established.Thursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 19:42 #295005Smiling_Jack_
This sub: Eff government and regulation!
Also this sub: I got ripped off! Why won’t authorities do something!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → “Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful.” This quote is popularized & known by all for a reason.
- → Be greedy when others are fearful, and fearful when others are greedy
- → “Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful.”
- → A lot of FOMO with the APE coin I see a lo of people already clamming they lost money because they bought at the spot. They were free people if you got something free and you can make money out of it is kind of obvious that people is going to sell right away. I don’t understand how people keeps…
- → If you DCA, hold and invest your hard earned money into Crypto and then get rich, people will call you lucky. If you lose that money, they’ll call you a fool who deserved it. This is why you should never disclose to people you invest in Crypto.
- → Do explaining the LUNA/UST ponzi in 2020. Stop giving these people your money. [Image]
- → $2.3 million dollar jpeg monkeys, NBA arenas, commercials, “stable” coins, frauds, ponzi schemes, criminal indictments. Maybe a reset and a reality check is the best thing for the crypto industry. [Crypto News]
- → What is your answer to “ETH is mainly used for Ponzi schemes and scams”?
- → Kindof seems like the most of crypto “loaning/collecting interest” was just bs to fuel ponzi schemes
- → The stock market is the exact same ponzi scheme as crypto. But over there people are celebrated for cashing out other people’s money
- → When you throw money you can’t afford to lose into an unregulated financial system and now you’re sad because you lost your money in an unregulated financial system. Don’t hate because our bags were discounted, we’re all here to make money.
- → Everyone was for decentralisation until Russia wanted to sell Gas for bitcoin, now people around this forum category are crying about it with comments like “I would rather lose money and the price tanks than Russia making money from BTC”
- → Demanding respect for your money
- → If no one bought or sold any doge for 10 years you would lose 33% of your investment. If no one bought or sold any shiba for 10 years you will lose 0% of your investment. Where would you put your money?
- → Regulations were meant to be the big party-stopper this year. Instead regulations are becoming a good thing for Crypto.