- This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 months, 3 weeks ago by lsmod1.
- Thursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 19:46 #2948981securemfParticipant
I stake Solana and love it when it works, but what are all these outages about? Is it going to get fixed or is it crumbling?Thursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 20:37 #294899Longjumping-Tie7445
Solana is young and in beta still.
Who knows the future, but you could be extremely pessimistic and say something is really wrong here and these are red flag signals something is broken, or you could he extremely optimistic and say that Solana is maturing and we’re finding all the bugs and logical errors, iterating and fixing them, and a lot of the “breaking” is due to demand/adoption and lots of people stressing the network from actual use.
Certain networks that like to talk about never having any downtime also have very little adoption/use, and have never been stressed in the ways Solana has been, for example.Thursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 20:43 #294900ConmanSpaceHero
Solana is by no means a fully secure blockchain. It’s trying to do something almost no other competing layer 1 is doing with high speeds and basically no transaction costs. Unfortunately the downside of being the pioneer and writing your own code from basically scratch is you have trial and errors. Although the break downs are a concern and need to be addressed at least they are. Solana has one of the highest if not the highest current active develop count for any web3 application and has backing by some of the top VCs out there. Not to mention the community will only grow and thrive the more they work to improve security. I have faith in Solana long term and hope they can continue to resolve security risks and find a way to prevent DDosing with better code and future patches. Please also keep in mind Solana had such a meteoric rise that people who spread FUD May feel threatened by it and want to make bigger deals out of the growing pains than are warranted. Not saying Solana is perfect or even close but it has a lot of potential I don’t see from many other Layer 1 or 2s out there.Thursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 20:46 #294901Aggravating_Truth_82
Well, there are some Network Infrastructure Stabilization Issues, and Solana’s Network Performance Challenges have stemmed from different issues each time… But, the Network isn’t crumbling from a Development standpoint. We have seen more Developer Peer Interaction, and currently, we are expected to see some upgrades from the forwarding transactions protocols, from the mitigation strategies.
Here’s a quick breakdown of Solana’s recent financial performance from Network performance challenges.
Solana’s Blockchain Solution has presented some challenges. Nonetheless, we have seen some pivotal movements from DeFi, NFT’s, and NFT Markets for Solana’s Ecosystem. Record network usage, financial performance, and network infrastructure. I believe Solana can continue this type of growth… Main reason is from the increased amount of Developer Peer Interaction across various sectors including, but not limited to NFTs and NFT markets, diversification of TVL, improvements in UX, and new applications across several sectors outside of DeFi.
But it’s known that Solana’s ecosystem experienced an exploit from the Wormhole bridge in February and there have been further instances of network performance challenges. But as I mentioned, we are expected to see core upgrades from protocols and mechanisms for Solana’s platform. The mitigation strategies have been outlined, and once a stable build is released, these network performance concerns can be addressed to a great extent.
Ultimately, despite current network congestion, we have seen Solana Labs and Solana Foundation continue to drive and execute on growth strategies. This performance is shown by adoption and developer peer interaction; ranging from Solana Pay to Neon EVM Technology, Solana’s Foundation’s expansion into various sectors, and Solana’s Labs encouraging an Ethereum-like-compatible environment for Solana.Thursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 20:50 #294902lsmod1
To add something : every success product has outages
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → SOL network on Binance congested, my withdrawal keeps rejecting, how can I withdraw my SOL on BSC network out to Phantom/Ledger?
- → Accidently sent Solana from Binance to MetaMask so bridged the Solana from MetaMask to Solana network using Wormhole but it’s now showing the SOL as WORMHOLE (Solana) in my Phantom Wallet (unknown token). Help!
- → ELI5 why Solana keeps having network issues
- → OK so I’m on level 159 and I’ve been having problems since 153 seems like every time I’m going to beat the level it freezes. I love brick busters but they really need to fix the issue I spend way too much time trying to beat these levels
- → BULL: I love it; BEAR: I love it; CRAB: I love it.
- → BREAKING: SEC motion to strike Ripple’s Fair Notice Defense DENIED
- → are there people having problems treating NFTs with Trezor + Metamask in the polygon network?
- → Anyone else notice their total earning on Coinbase keeps decreasing?
- → Love the Solana network! Even in the bad times, so decided to look at other projects… and find a hidden gem. Safecoin – it’s basically Solana but community version didn’t even expect to find it
- → The crypto market now has a slew of ground-breaking platforms that have allowed users to solve a variety of real-world problems in fields like digital finance, healthcare, artificial intelligence, and Web3, to name a few.
- → Full Fast Solana support… Solana (SOL) accounts and SOL deposits on Evolve Markets
- → ETH keeps adding to the blockchain and keeps making it better, bringing in more investors of deep pockets
- → Can I send Solana via the “BNB smart Chain” network? Because the SOL network is always suspended on Binance.
- → Just finished reading this. I got into BTC 2 years ago and didn’t see the actual value of it. This book opened my eyes to the true problems with government currency. Even if you’re a skeptic to BTC, this book will uncover the problems that BTC can solve. Highly recommend reading this. [Image]
- → Happening now: tune in to the Polkadot Community Call to hear from Astar Network, Phala Network, Manta Network, Equilibrium, Nodle Network, SubstrateSnap, Data Highway, Bright Treasury, and other teams from the Polkadot and Kusama ecosystem.