- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 months, 1 week ago by PurpleToad1976.
- Wednesday, June 22nd, 2022 at 13:58 #316276VidephrisParticipant
Polkadot and Cosmos solve the interoperability and security dilemma, and have their own use cases. A good analogy is Polkadot is more like Apple, where projects obtain a parachain slot through either demand or funding, or leasing through a parachain. And on the other side we have Cosmos, who is openly accessible and does not require as much investment or need an auction to secure a slot.
Say in the future, we have both ecosystems thriving with many wonderful projects solving issues in today’s world revolving around trust, etc. How are the projects in both systems going to interoperate with the other? Would there have to be a bridge of sorts? Or will they remain sovereign blockchains only capable of interoperating within it’s own ecosystem.Wednesday, June 22nd, 2022 at 13:58 #316277PurpleToad1976
There are already parachains building a bridge between them. I believe Composable is working on it on the polkadot side, and would be really surprised if there isn’t a group on the Cosmos side also working on it.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → Blockchain Interoperability Between Chains: Flare, Polkadot and Cosmos
- → Does this mean Cosmos is seen as a better host than Ethereum? Cosmos network – dydx chooses cosmos blockchain over Ethereum for a standalone, affirming cosmos as the “best fit”.
- → The Cosmos Ecosystem is the 2nd Largest Ecosystem after ETH. Cosmos has already won. Must read.
- → Here is an important difference between Cosmos and Polkadot (Two great interoperable ecosystems that might be the future of crypto, but the reason why I am more in awe of Cosmos)
- → How does Cosmos’ new (not-yet-released) Interchain security model (or whatever it’s called) compare to Polkadot’s….Seems to be Cosmos fuds Polkadot than just copies it lol (they also are working on a canary type chain if I’m not mistaken, aka Kusama…).
- → The recent Ronin Bridge hack once again illustrates the need for secure and future-proof scaling solutions, especially those designed to support interoperability between blockchains at the level of consensus. Darwinia Network solves this. #LessTrustMoreTruth #Web3 #Polkadot
- → Polkadot takes to Paris.comm event to build new bridges with Kusama ecosystem. Is Polkadot collaborating with the Kusama ecosystem?
- → Is blockchain interoperability wholly dependent on Cosmos and/or Polkadot?
- → Blockchain Interoperability- Kava, Polkadot and Cosmos
- → Rollups come to Cosmos ecosystem with a twist on Cosmos SDK style
- → Comparison of Polkadot to Cosmos Ecosystem
- → I have heard the future of blockchain is interoperability between private and public networks. How will this work and what’s the value?
- → Circle’s Cross-Chain Transfer Protocol is slated to go live on Avalanche & Ethereum later this year! Allowing for interoperability of native USDC between networks 💰
- → Cosmos NFTs – Cryptocurrency Degens NFT 4 Purposes – Long-Term Utility Benefits – Change Lives – PFP – Blockchain Gifting – Omniflix Network, Sifchain, Crosschain NFT Interoperability – ICS721 Standard
- → Cosmos will be the BIGGEST player in the interoperability space