- This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 months, 1 week ago by Socialinfluencing.
- Saturday, July 23rd, 2022 at 23:02 #343929WorkingLimeParticipant
As you know I’m Venezuelan living here, I like to make awareness about the situation here, when it comes to adoption and economics. Some people ask, where is the real usage of cryptocurrencies. What is the real idea behind crypto?
Well, you can avoid extremely bad country economics and politics ! And that is only the tip of the iceberg.
This article was auto translated using Google Translator https://www-el–carabobeno-com.translate.goog/8644-bolivares-diarios-o-19-94-salarios-minimos-se-necesitan-para-reunir-los-459-84-que-costo-la-canasta-alimentaria-familiar-en-junio/?\_x\_tr\_sl=auto&\_x\_tr\_tl=en&\_x\_tr\_hl=en&\_x\_tr\_pto=wapp
That is for a five members family, so to make things easy around 500 USD monthly for be able of having a balanced diet. This doesn’t include other expenses besides food.
It’s crazy, even when the inflation went down there is so much difference between the income and the expense (even being minimum), every saturday I have to purchase food for me and my parents (not doing so, would make starve and I’m not being exaggerated) and I hate doing so, because I just don’t have enough and… there is people worse than me!
Monthly minimum wage is around 23 USD and average wage is 100 USD (it went up a lot, but not growing anymore).Saturday, July 23rd, 2022 at 23:02 #343930Uwantmedowhat
Damn that sucks, have these 5 moons.Saturday, July 23rd, 2022 at 23:02 #343931Odlavso
I saw this guy’s videos a while back on Venezuela, not sure if you’ve seen them but was wondering if they show a realistic view of Venezuela or if it’s exaggerated?
Guys name is Indigo travelerSaturday, July 23rd, 2022 at 23:02 #343932meeleen223
Its a shitty situation, whole world is fighting inflation but nowhere close on that level
Hopefully crypto will help, maybe not now or soon, but in time
My heart goes out to everyone struggling, kinda going through same on a much smaller but noticable scale
Times are rough these days, stay strongSaturday, July 23rd, 2022 at 23:02 #343933Socialinfluencing
Yeah hyperinflation destroys currencies first then the country attached to that currency, look at what happened to Zimbabwe too.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → Venezuela pegs its monthly minimum wage to its national cryptocurrency (stablecoin) “Petro”, now monthly minimum wage is around 28 USD (0.5 PTR) a 1,300% increase over the old minimum wage, 2 USD monthly!
- → 26 BTC were traded last week in Venezuela! (Only measured using LocalBitcoin) where monthly minimum wage is around 2 USD and average wage is around 80 USD monthly! This is after six zeroes were removed from our currency (Bolivares, Bs.) in Oct. 2021 by law.
- → Just keeping track. Last week 27 BTC were traded in Venezuela only measured using LocalBitcoin (still used here), a 1 BTC decrease from last week. This week, new monthly minimum wage will start rolling, around 28 USD monthly, old wage was 2 USD per month.
- → 32 BTC were traded last week in Venezuela (measured only LocalBitcoin), monthly minimum wage “stable” at 16 USD and 52% of the population earn less than 100 USD monthly
- → Reality: money supply inflation -> money loses corresponding purchasing power aka inflation -> wages must also inflate to keep the economy functioning -> wages never inflate as much as real goods -> standard of living is reduced for all but the wealthiest. Housing in Boise is up 59% since 2020. [Image]
- → The 2iQ Research analysis found 21 members of Congress or their immediate family traded cryptocurrencies, crypto-investment products and stocks in crypto-related businesses. Out of the group, seven members serve on committees in the Senate or House that hold key regulators accountable.
- → 24 BTC were traded in Venezuela last week only using LocalBitcoin, around 8% of the total traded worldwide. Other exchanges used here are Binance (king by far), AirTM, Reserve among others. Still, monthly minimum wage is around 2 USD! AMA
- → In Venezuela, where monthly minimum wage is 30 USD. 21 BTC were traded last week only measured using LocalBitcoin, lowest since October 2021. Update!
- → Updating this week number here in Venezuela, last week 28 BTC were traded here only measured using LocalBitcoin, one BTC is around 160,000 “new” Bs. (160,000,000,000 “old” Bs.). Monthly minimum wage is around 25 USD!
- → 42 BTC were traded last week in Venezuela (only using LocalBitcoin), highest value since Sept 2021, monthly minimum wage keeps going down, now under 24 USD. One BTC trades around 120,000 Bs.
- → 45 BTC were traded last week in Venezuela using (only) LocalBitcoin, down from 48 BTC last week. Monthly minimum wage keeps going down, now under 23 USD. One BTC trades around 125,000 Bs. (Bolivares, national currency)
- → 34 BTC were traded last week in Venezuela measured only using LocalBitcoin. Monthly minimum wage is less than 23 USD.
- → UPDATE. 36 BTC were traded last week in Venezuela only measured using LocalBitcoin. Monthly minimum wage now under 23 USD.
- → 36 BTC were traded last week in Venezuela only measured using LocalBitcoin. Monthly minimum wage now under 23 USD.
- → Around 8% of the worldwide traded amount in LocalBitcoin (359 BTC) were traded in Venezuela last week (29 BTC), all this happens while monthly minimum wage has stabilized at 16 USD.