- This topic has 7 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Setyman.
- Saturday, August 6th, 2022 at 15:22 #350281NuewimParticipant
Crypto change fast, very fast. People that are unable to change with it are left behind. One day everyone love some coin, few months later project fail, people lose lifesavings and majority of crypto investors act like smartasses telling they always knew. They didn’t, they at best adapted few months or weeks earlier to changes.
Some project can be great investment one day and become terrible, some project can be bad, but improve. Nothing is set in the stone. In crypto you must DYOR and often modify your portfolio.
You think that if you would start crypto journey for example in 2017 you would be rich now?
Maybe, but if you would invest in top 20 top projects from 2017 you most likely would lose money. Majority of those projects are down a lot for many years, some of them don’t even exist anymore. Only few projects HODL from 2017 to 2022 would still be in profit. Blind loyalty lead to nothing. You need to make changes from time to time to adapt to changing crypto market.
In 2021 half of this forum category advised to buy Luna, was it bad advice? Back then not, it was great one. If you were smart you made nice profits and sold before fall. If you blindly trusted some projects that were once great, you lost all invested money when they failed, cause you were unable to adapt.
Only coin I trust will most likely still be good investment in few years is BTC, I am ready to sell most of my alts if situation with them will change one day even if today I fully believe in them. But faith shouldn’t be blind. Dramas or red flags can change my opinion. If you ignore them it is on you. Please be rational not delusional, do not stay on sinking ship smiling and thinking it will be better one day. I literally saw projects where devs rugged multiple times not delivered anything and some people still trusted that price will go up and everything will be fine.
Your current portfolio and investing decisions are good now at 6 august 2022. They won’t be as good in 6 months or 5 years. You will change, world will change, economy will change, crypto market will change. You always need to be up to newest news in crypto if you want to be successful. Crypto journey is about constant improvement.Saturday, August 6th, 2022 at 15:22 #350282Odysseus_Lannister
This is why blind hodl doesn’t work for most coins not named BTC/ETH.Saturday, August 6th, 2022 at 15:22 #350283Deadlock1920
Yeah, my portfolio and hair correlation is a nice example for that.
-It was -%60 a few months ago and now around -%66 and i have %6 less hair compared to back then🥃Saturday, August 6th, 2022 at 15:22 #350284CymandeTV
To adapt to the market, someone needs time. I don’t have enough to check every projects around so I stick to some trustable ones.Saturday, August 6th, 2022 at 15:22 #350285Professoring8008s
Adapt and survive very well saidSaturday, August 6th, 2022 at 15:22 #350286BlubberWall
Learned the hard way in 2017, but a good metric I’ve used since then is mcap ranking. All coins are down in a bear market, but if something you hold starts dropping down the mcap ladder (especially if it’s passed by coins competing for the same market share) it might be time to re-evaluate your position in itSaturday, August 6th, 2022 at 15:22 #350287Marrr_ty
Do dumb shit learn from it and then repeatSaturday, August 6th, 2022 at 15:22 #350288Setyman
Orders received, adapt or die, yoloing everything into dog meme coins.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → Warren Buffet hating Crypto does not make him “stupid” or so. He just simply does not have the ability to adapt with the market anymore, reasonable if you have been in there for so many decades.
- → Bulgarian Crypto Trader Disappears Under Mysterious Circumstances [Crypto News]
- → Alleged Bulgarian Crypto Millionaire has Gone Missing Under Mysterious Circumstances [Crypto News]
- → Crypto is unpredictable, never think your current portfolio will be good in a year, five years or ten years. Good investors adapt to changing world.
- → We all know the rule that ‘UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU TAKE OUT A LOAN TO INVEST IN CRYPTOCURRENCY’! But with BTC & the other ‘Heavy Hitters’ down so much now, surely it’s a ‘GUARANTEED WIN’ right?
- → The age old question, BTC at 35000 or ETH at 2300? Given the circumstances now.
- → Why I think decentrilized medicine, will do for human capacity to adapt and move forward, what bitcoin does to our economic system. A mix perfect mix of oppotunity, rebellion and actual solutionbased thinking to complex issues. Explanation in the comments. [Image]
- → Business is business. Gotta adapt to customer needs to make money. [Image]
- → Much like separating church and state, the separation of money and state is just as important. That’s why “blockchain tech” is so important.
- → FBI director: Russia overestimates its ability to bypass US sanctions using crypto
- → Russia overestimates its ability to evade sanctions using crypto says the FBI
- → FTX is offering Voyager Digital crypto customers ability to withdraw their cash immediately, or use it to purchase digital assets on FTX platform
- → What it really means when we have the ability to take the IRS to court when they get info about our crypto use
- → An idea for a book: A man with the ability to travel via crypto on the blockchain. Think ‘Jumper’ meets ‘Tron’.
- → The recent crypto carnage is brutal, but love him or hate him, Buffett’s got this one right: “Investing is a device to transfer wealth from the impatient, to the patient.” With crypto markets as they are, this is important.