- This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 months, 1 week ago by Smurfilina.
- Wednesday, June 22nd, 2022 at 20:23 #316570k3kisParticipant
This will be a long winter.
For better or worse (worse really), crypto markets are now tied to traditional markets. Global fears and economy tank, traditional markets tank, and crypto markets tank. There’s no going back to when crypto was the counter to traditional.
Therefore, considering the global economic situation is seen as dire (inflation, slowing economies, Russia, impending food shortages), it seems that crypto markets will be very low and slow for quite some time. It does not help that so many moronic crypto schemes have flown high only to crash and burn in spectacular public embarrassments.
For the crypto diehards, consider your coin(s) of choice very carefully. If you invest, invest for the 2+ year range. The days of 1000+x gains are fewer and farther between.Wednesday, June 22nd, 2022 at 20:23 #316571Ballslikediamonds
I agree completely with carefully picking your investments, and this could be a crypto winter. however,this market is really just beginning and set to grow exponentially compared to the stock market. As soon as Individual utility matters more than what the price of BTC is doing,we will see insane growth.Wednesday, June 22nd, 2022 at 20:23 #316572Smurfilina
I listened to an interesting podcast by David McWilliams, a global top-10 econmist (who called the 2008 crash together with the explanation why it would crash – and he was laughed out of it, then it happened!) Anyway, he was saying we’re approaching the end of a 40-year cycle and that crypto and nft’s are part of the craziness that comes with that. He also said that these tokens are a bit like football cards, that they don’t have an income and they rely on the “greater fool” theory if you will.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → I hadn’t drunk the PlanB Kool-Aid so much as internalized BTC being about 110K by now as an existential truth.
- → It’s Crazy…maybe bit drunk… But I’m proud of us!
- → Change your mentality from “HODLing “- a term originated by a drunk guy to “Profit is profit ” and you will never have a bad crypto day again.
- → A “crazy” drunk old guy got me into Crypto, how did you get into Crypto?
- → The drunk dude was right you know
- → If you like to gamble, invest, and buy things while drunk, crypto is here to help
- → How the LBRY case influences the Ripple case
- → Ripple and XRP Lawsuit Face ‘Worst-Case Scenario’ As SEC Moves to Delay Case [Crypto News]
- → Ripple Vs SEC case and LBRY Vs SEC case
- → SEC Seeks Protection for Expert Witness in Ripple Case: Could The Case Be A Factor For The Current Crash?
- → Running ETH on Mac external SSD APFS format. Should it be formatted “case sensitive” or not case sensitive?
- → Court convicts Credit Suisse in money-laundering case. Yet another case of corrupt bankers but somehow cryptocurrencies are still stigmatized. [Crypto News]
- → BTC’s Use Case relating to Humanitarian Aid – Turpin Case
- → My ethereum disappeared, I didnt get any sphere finance token yet, Help!
- → The only people panicking right now are the ones that didnt respect the “dont invest more than you can afford to lose” rule, or simply invested in dumb hype coins.