- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 months ago by LeonoraPettit.
- Saturday, July 23rd, 2022 at 18:36 #343814LeonoraPettitParticipant
Unfortunately the current P2E blockchain games fall far short of fulfilling player expectations. Their major shortcomings include:
* **Technical Barriers to Entry** \- Most gamers do not have a strong understanding of blockchain technology, but almost all blockchain based games require players to immediately download, install, and connect a Metamask wallet.
* **Logistical Barriers to Entry** \- It can be hard enough to find games that are fun to play, but many blockchain based games are *only* available through direct download on a website, not in established app stores.
* **Financial Barriers to Entry** \- Games in this space can cost upwards of $1,000+ just to start playing. That is a very high bar to set for most players, and not very easy to overcome.
* **Gameplay Barrier to Entry** \- Since many of the early developers of these games have a background in technology, and not game development, the games themselves are frequently rudimentary and lack the smooth gameplay experience that players have come to expect, leading many players with no desire to play.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → Cue Club is a Cardano p2e game where players can play billiard games and monetize their gaming experience with $CUE – the utility token of the platform.
- → Play to earn games. Imagine if they could make RuneScape play to earn and characters would be nfts… just thoughts
- → New Game coming to Avax Blockchain! Did you miss out on Pizza Game? Check this P2E game out!
- → Filip Lien here, one of the devs working on MetaChess. MetaChess is a blockchain-based Play-to-Earn NFT chess game! AMA!
- → By the end of 2021, many gaming developers in the U.S. and the U.K. were considering adding play-to-earn models and integrating with the blockchain. Decentralized gaming platforms prioritized the player—not the publishing agent or company
- → Play-to-Earn (P2E): Introduction, is it possible to earn?
- → The Sandbox Exclusive: Will play-to-earn games replace traditional games?
- → What is your experience and opinion on Play To Earn games?
- → Play-to-win games are a job, not a game. If there is a way to make money directly and officially, the vast majority will do it (or try to do it) for profit and the whole “game” will be focused on that.
- → Blockchain based P2E games – Α future full of shit?
- → We are working on a Cardano based Metaverse, where players can play billiard games and earn $CUE tokens!
- → ForThePlayers.gg – I compiled a list of top play-to-earn games and calculated ROI + minimum investment for each so you don’t get burned. Mostly EVM based (Polygon, BSC, Wax)
- → Cue Club is Cardano’s play-to-earn 3D billiard game. Players can monetize their experience with $CUE – the main utility token of the platform.
- → Play 2 Earn Games Next Generation – How you can earn money 🤑 while having fun 🤩
- → Play-to-Earn BTC Games: How Lightning Network Enables Gamers to Earn Sats [Crypto News]