- This topic has 7 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 months ago by AESTHTK.
- Friday, June 3rd, 2022 at 08:14 #295290EmperorCipParticipant
The reasoning is simple, really. The only way you’ll see your investments into these crypto niches grow is through mass adoption. Non-Fungible Token gaming, in particular, will explode in adoption in the upcoming years. There are 3 billion people playing videogames worldwide and only one million people playing Non-Fungible Token games. An 100X in adoption will barely climb up to 3% of the market.
Now, let’s assume that ETH somehow manages to capture half of that market. If you want gaming adoption to increase, you’ll need to have microtransactions. Do you really think that each and every one of those 50 million people will be ok with paying $100 in gas fees just to buy an axie worth a couple bucks? That’s not a sustainable business model.
And no, sharding will not solve the high gas fees problem. Not up to the extent that it becomes relevant. In contrast, on the BSC you pay only 10% of the fees you pay on ethereum, and there are blockchains that charge you even less. A lot of blockchain games launch on BSC or other chains and skip ETH. What little Non-Fungible Token gaming projects left on ETH are the ones that got in during the previous bear market and are now stuck. Even Gala Games wants to launch their own chain to increase adoption. How long do you think it will last before other projects like Illuvium or Immutable do the same?
The next bull market will be driven by metaverse and Non-Fungible Token gaming adoption. Axie, Mana and Gala have been but a taste of what’s to come. With how fast the crypto space is changing and evolving, if you’re betting on the L1 that will miss this train, you will lose!Friday, June 3rd, 2022 at 08:32 #295291mathiros
I don’t think so. The “metaverse”, games, apps etc, which run on ethereum, will be on L2 roll-ups and L3 roll-ups with no or very little transaction costs. L3 roll-ups settle on L2-rollups and L2 on L1, each one paying for settlement. The settlement on L1 is where the fees accrue vertically and there will more than now with thousands of roll-ups and millions of transactions in the metaverse.Friday, June 3rd, 2022 at 08:33 #295296solemnJoker
Have you got any bags to shill ser?
What do you think of Flow?Friday, June 3rd, 2022 at 08:40 #295292Kike328
My man is forgetting L2 exists…Friday, June 3rd, 2022 at 08:41 #295294wood8
What makes NFT games different from other games? Because the ownership of an item is recognized worldwide and backed by a decentralized system.
I have this sword on a 1 trillion market cap blockchain. That’s something.
I have this sword on a 3 mil market cap blockchain. That is almost the same as I have the sword on the game company’s private server.Friday, June 3rd, 2022 at 08:43 #295293DorkyDorkington
It appears you are not very well informed.
That is already sorted out as pointed out with L2 and further L3.
GameStop marketplace will open Q2 and gas cost is minimal, with Loopring L2, even free.Friday, June 3rd, 2022 at 08:49 #295295physicallyunfit
Dude fees have been cheap for months and it’s not even PoS yetFriday, June 3rd, 2022 at 08:58 #295297AESTHTK
OP is a known troll, but if you’re interested in this topic, join us:
The vast majority of serious games are building on StarkEx (ImmutableX, Sorare), Polygon or Starknet.
Layer 2 scaling is going to take on-chain gaming to new heights.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → Let’s say I have eth+SNX (erc20 token)+ Non-Fungible Token in a wallet pre merge, in post merge fork scenario, I will get ethw+SNXW+Non-Fungible Token(W). In a replay attack scenario, I move snxw to a different new wallet, how can some one replay and take away snx or Non-Fungible Token from my ledger wallet, how will replay play out?
- → Gary Vaynerchuk said 98% of Non-Fungible Token projects will fail after the gold rush fades. – “This is internet stocks 99,” said Vaynerchuk when asked about the current Non-Fungible Token landscape. Most of the behavior I see in Non-Fungible Token buying reminds me of the way people bought beanie babies.”
- → MUSIC Non-Fungible Token = SIMPLE 🎶 a thread… (The Music Non-Fungible Token Blueprint by Dyl – How To Music Non-Fungible Token)
- → 6ix9ine a famous rapper is apologizing after scamming his own fan base on a $6 million Non-Fungible Token project. In his video his latest video says “He jumped into the Non-Fungible Token community without knowing what a Non-Fungible Token was, he took advantage of a paid association”.
- → Has anyone heard of an EIP that allows Non-Fungible Tokens to also become wallets themselves, allowing you to store an Non-Fungible Token within an Non-Fungible Token?
- → FYI: investing what you can afford to lose is not the same as investing what youre comfortable losing
- → Yuga Labs sued for “inflated BAYC Non-Fungible Tokens” by Law firm Scott+Scott. The lawsuit states that Bored Ape Yacht Club used celebrity endorsements to inflate its Non-Fungible Tokens. Average prices have dropped in 3 months from $425,000, to around $115,000 now. Do you think #BAYC inflated Non-Fungible Token prices?
- → Is Sorare’s partnership with Kylian Mbappé explosively increasing its Non-Fungible Token sales? Sorare ETH Non-Fungible Token-based soccer game surges by 795% after partnering with football star, Kylian Mbappé.
- → According to Blockworks, GameStop’s (GME) newly-launched Non-Fungible Token marketplace surpassed $1 million (over 1028 ETH) in volume in the last 24H. Do you think GME’s Non-Fungible Token marketplace could surpass Opensea someday in volume?
- → The Squeaker Foundation is a upcoming non profit Animal Rescue/Recovery Facility. They’re issuing 7,777 Crypto Dog Non-Fungible Tokens as part of the foundations launch. The $100 million foundation is going to be hiving back to its 7,777 Non-Fungible Token holder continually!! I urge you to take a look at this project 100eth
- → New Non-Fungible Token series “Repentance” by Masashi, exclusive on AramisToken.com Non-Fungible Token Market.
- → Why is everyone talking about Music Non-Fungible Token and What is a Music Non-Fungible Token?
- → Non-Fungible Token Collector Accidentally Sells EtherRock Non-Fungible Token for a Penny
- → Gary Vee’s Non-Fungible Token project is another embarrassment to the Non-Fungible Token market and it’s ticking all the boxes of a long term rug pull
- → DOJ Indicts 6 People in 4 Crypto Scams Including Baller Ape Non-Fungible Token Rug-Pull DoJ Indicts 6 Persons in 4 Crypto Scams Including Baller Ape Non-Fungible Token Rug-Pull [Crypto News]