- This topic has 7 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 months, 1 week ago by gt_mutandwa.
- Wednesday, June 22nd, 2022 at 13:01 #316248No_Weather682Participant
If you change your DCA plan according to price, you’re not doing DCA, you’re trying to predict the market. Even if the upcoming months seem very bearish, you have to stick to your DCA plan. That’s the whole purpose of dollar cost averaging. I saw a lot of people saying that it was the perfect time to DCA when BTC price was at 40K$, but now that BTC is at 20k$ the say that they will wait for the market to go lower.
It’s perfectly fine if you want to predict the market, or if you will wait for BTC or ETH to go lower to buy more. But be conscious that doing this defeats the whole point of DCA. Just do what you want, but don’t lie to yourself.Wednesday, June 22nd, 2022 at 13:01 #316249365Dillweed365
Self truth is the only truth.Wednesday, June 22nd, 2022 at 13:01 #316250One_Landscape541
What about if you stop dcaing because I think the market might go lower and i need to feed a family?Wednesday, June 22nd, 2022 at 13:01 #316251Dooty297
Doesn’t mean it’s wrong though imo. We’re going through a really sensitive time right now. There’s a lot of things pointing to things getting worse before they get better. So in that sense waiting a couple of weeks is justified instead of FOMO’ing your limited fiat money right nowWednesday, June 22nd, 2022 at 13:01 #316252Raj_UK
TLDR : either you’re DCAing or you’re not
😉Wednesday, June 22nd, 2022 at 13:01 #316253liquid_at
True, that it isn’t DCA, but it’s also not wrong because of that.
Imho, if you don’t understand anything about th emarkets, DCA is your tool. The moment you want to understand more, the smartest thing you can do is to take the period between your DCA-Buys and try to time the bottom during that time.
Not worse performing than just buying randomly. Not really adding any risk to your trading. Yet, the better you do, the better your average becomes.
DCA is not the best strategy.. it’s just the least risky strategy for people with literally no clue about what the market does or how it works.Wednesday, June 22nd, 2022 at 13:01 #316254ts_wrathchild
Personally I don’t blame anyone for pausing their DCA while we take our first steps into hibernation. Most market swings should have you staying on track, but when the shit hits the fan, there is no harm in stepping back and waiting for a while. It’s brutal out there.Wednesday, June 22nd, 2022 at 13:01 #316255gt_mutandwa
100% ive missed out a couple of times trying to time the bottom
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → Stop trying to time the market and predict the future. Just keep DCA’ing.
- → If you’re 90% certain price will go lower, it’s very profitable to sell at current price and buy at a lower price. It’s simple math but most people seem to be unaware of this, almost brainwashed with – If you don’t sell you don’t lose. Well – If you sell and buy at lower price it’s even better!
- → I’m a bit shocked the crypto market isn’t trading lower right now. Two top ten coins outright failed this week. I’d expect the crypto market to be lower.
- → Who said we can’t predict the future? let’s predict this forum category’s posts.
- → It is almost impossible to predict how the market will act in the next few days. Stop listening to idiots who claim to know what is going to happen.
- → If funny to see how people have diffrent opinions on the market and then trying to predict it, and being dead wrong
- → Have never used ethereum or metamask b/c afraid of gas fees but don’t know what I’m doing. For what situations would I need to get metamask or use eth if the only thing I’ve been doing on crypto is trying to earn interest on stablecoins?
- → What’s the better lunch money-funded DCA strategy during a bear market: Accumulate BTC/ETH or DCA your battered alts?
- → Why should you DCA into the market? I’ll tell you why. If you DCA’d 100 Dollars weekly and you started DCAing at the worst time possible, namely at the BTC Peak in November 2021 you would have only made a loss of 7.32% During that time BTC lost 75% of its value. [Image]
- → Will people continue to predict a bull market during the entire bear market?
- → I’m tired of reading “experts” and “special analysts” predicting the market. You can’t predict the market. You can get lucky or get burned.
- → People trying to predict this bottom with the same tools as on 2018 will just fail. We are in a vastly different environment now.
- → Is ETH going to keep going down? Should I sell everything I have since it seems to be going lower and lower and just buy back in when it hits bottom? Or should I keep holding, I’d greatly appreciate some advice and thank you so much in advance! ✌️
- → anybody think Shiba is acting like dogecoin it keeps dropping lower and lower even with all the good new dogecoin did the same thing 🤔 just my thoughts not fud
- → 150 USD Value and 230 USD gas, this is ridicules, how can i avoid this fee, at this moment i cant cancel it now, any help is apreaciated , is been 2 months waiting for lower gas fees that is what the customer support toll me that i can wait for lower gas fees but i seem to no going to happend any ti