- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 month, 3 weeks ago by withersgsreddit.
- Saturday, August 6th, 2022 at 04:10 #350121withersgsredditParticipant
I did a small test run on UNISWAP. Everyone on the forum category seems to be acting like it’s super hard to find decent returns. The guy in the vid told what all to do. Use correlated coins to pair, find high volume of trades vs. total value locked in the pool.
I just happened to have some LINK (60 LINK I used) and ETH (.22 ETH or thereabouts) sitting around and figured I’d do a test for a month or so (I’m 1 week in).
So far costs are: 10 bucks to move everything from coinbase pro to my metamask wallet, 10 bucks to get into the pool, 3 bucks to claim fees if I want to (low gas cost times only, else higher) and near negligible impermanent loss.
And I have 15 bucks fees to collect.
My assets are currently:67.06 LINK
**0.1857** ethfor 845.66 dollars total value according to UNISWAP’s viewer
Seems like the impermanent loss if I cashed out today is basically a couple bucks or less:
375.80 (1708.2 eth cost x .22 ETH at time I entered pool) + 468 (7.8 LINK cost x 60 LINK) = 843 dollarsish I entered with last saturday morning 2AM EST.
7.77×67.06 (for link value now) = 521.06 + (1736.5 eth cost x .1857 ETH) = 322.47 for a total value around 843.52 (calculated by me, slightly different than UNISWAPS value shown)
Compared to the 845.66 (or 843.52 calculated by me) dollars total value I have sitting right now I don’t think can be that much impermanent loss. The calculator shows basically 0 impermanent loss just based on the fluctuation over the week (ETH up 1% and LINK down -.07%). I seem to have hit on a good time for low divergence, but still.
So total, neglecting the fee to put money into my wallet from coinbase, it’s 10 dollars total to get into the pool, and then 3 bucks to claim the fees if I want to. Maybe a couple dollars impermanent loss over the week. Call that break even at 15 dollars, and from here on out it seems to be only impermanent loss and fees to withdraw my collected fees as “profit” (tho need to cover the amount of transferring to metamask).
Am I wrong, or does this not seem like a fairly decent making of dollars for the week? Do you guys think LINK/ETH will diverge so far that the impermanent loss eats all eventually?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → Shibaswap not showing/updating rewards since October. I already had both shib, and bone staked. then I bought 1 leash and staked itin october. it is showing 0 rewards for leash and it is now the middle of January. also it’s still showing the same amount of rewards for shin,and bone that I had in oct
- → PROPOSAL 1188 TO BURN REMAINING UST IN COMMUNITY POOL (WHICH PASSED 1 HOUR AGO) SEEMS TO NO LONGER BE SHOWING IN ANY SECTION OF GOVERNANCE DASHBOARD…ALSO FORK PROPOSAL SEEMS RIGGED 🥲 [Image]
- → We Adds Solana to Yield Farming, is this the highest yield?
- → Question for you smart Algo people. If I am farming and earning Algo rewards, is the cost basis of my earning from the time of cash out or each incremental earn? if I wait to pull my rewards out of farming until the price of Algo goes up. Is the cost basis vs. fiat/USD?
- → My Submarine Ape just started showing up like this. If I go to MagicEden it’s still there. Why is it showing up in my phantom wallet like this how do I fix it
- → NFT not showing up properly on OpenSea ? Only showing part of the visual on Metamask.
- → What is going on why market cap showing negative when it was at 1.16b and circulation showing negative as well [Image]
- → Can i do yield farming forever?
- → How is the Yield Farming APR calculated?
- → AVAX Yield Farming Strategy – am I thinking about this correctly?
- → Yield Farming with Cardano on Other Chains
- → Sundaeswap Yield Farming rewards
- → Liquidity pool vs Yield Farming
- → For those with higher risk tolerance: xSol/Algo LP Yield Farming on Humble Swap (Algorand)
- → What are your top strategies for finding the best yield farming platform?