- This topic has 12 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago by morey_scagnetti.
- Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 14:48 #344164kisstherainoParticipant
I always keep some crypto on the exchanges for some trading here and there. Well yesterday I decided just to take it all off and put it away in my hardware. How many of you have done this?
I see it getting “crazy” out there and things are more unpredictable than ever. Even Coinbase is acting weird. I am a crypto veteran of 10+ years, so I suggest you guys think about it as well. If you haven’t, get a hardware wallet and get your crypto out of any of these online wallets, blockfi’s, and exchanges.
I will just wait it out.Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 14:48 #344165d_d0g
5 ⭐️ pullout game. OP definitely has no children.Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 14:48 #344166Umarzy
Well said. Rumours of some CEXs being insolvent here & thereSunday, July 24th, 2022 at 14:48 #344167edless-94
I did this last year when everyone said, are you past your initial investment to payoff your hardware?? (Cosmos ecosystem) paid off 🙂 // still I’m cautious , especially since my keplr had a glitch itself xD
It wouldn’t let me sign my passwords o.OSunday, July 24th, 2022 at 14:48 #344168DBRiMatt
Nice pull out game mateSunday, July 24th, 2022 at 14:48 #344169ghochumal
Great move. Now you are the boss of your moneySunday, July 24th, 2022 at 14:48 #344170TarkovReddit0r
10/10 better pull out game then Musk
![gif](giphy|zRDHnhxajAgxfLj0Kd)Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 14:48 #344171KnobbCreek
Just got a hardware wallet, and have been steadily putting my assets on it. Each bi-weekly buy slow and steady accumulating.Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 14:48 #344172Maxx3141
Everything worth withdrawing is on my own (hw-)wallets – for about 2 years or so already.
Still people doing this have to make sure to handle their seeds properly and make sure they are well enough hidden so they are safe for theft AND loss. In general this takes more than just putting a piece of paper in a safe.Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 14:48 #344173ChemicalGreek
Good job OP!
After all these bankrupt exchanges you are asking to losing everything if you let you assets on it.Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 14:48 #344174sabys1
Well, i have a trading addiction i guess, that’s why i keep 10% on an exchange for an occasional swing trade. I tried pulling everything out but it just doesn’t work for me.Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 14:48 #344175Cat_Poster
I keep all my bitcoin in a hardware wallet and all my Cosmos shitcoins in self custody. Always have, always will.Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 14:48 #344176morey_scagnetti
nice move. funny feeling there will be more “surprises” with some of these CEXs coming down the pike
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → To All the people where are mad that major exchanges DON’T wanna ban Russian users and parroting “exchanges have their own freedoms” and/or “exchanges are not blockchains”
- → There is only 2,093k BTC on exchanges, but there is 657k BTC Futures Contracts on exchanges. effectively diluting the supply on exchanges by 31%. I think its these fake IOUs that have caused the number to go down.
- → Finally pulled my BTC off exchanges
- → Being a little kind towards newbies won’t take anything away from us. As a sub, we should be guiding the new people entering this sub rather than scaring them away by being rude.
- → The main reason why I don’t move my assets away from Centralized Exchanges is not because I love them rather because I am too afraid to mess it up even after a test transaction.
- → Bitcoins that are trading on exchanges aren’t bitcoins. When you hold BTC on exchanges you don’t hold BTC but ” BTC IOU”.
- → I want to try crypto arbitrage, which requires registration at multiple exchanges. Being in NY we have a very limited number of exchanges willing to work with us. Is there any way around this?
- → ATTN: Despite BTC supply on exchanges hitting all time lows, BTC was still being dumped through Wrapped bitcoin tokens being minted in the thousands at a time and moved to exchanges.
- → It’s been looking like big exchanges are more and more involved in shady behavior, While smaller exchanges are offering a ton more transparency and security. Could we see a shift happening?
- → The fact that exchanges are starting to block purses in Russia is one more reason not to use centralized exchanges at all.
- → Exchanges being exchanges and people act surprised – the ALGO saga continues
- → This forum category has a lot of people complaining about exchanges doing this or that. Shouldn’t it be obvious by now that exchanges are just not good for your Crypto?
- → How many BTC or crypto exchanges have to pause withdrawals before people take their coins off exchanges and self custody?
- → What Are DEX Exchanges (Decentralized Exchanges)
- → Analysis on LUNC. Possible 10% gain. so I decided to check in on LUNC. And I have my reservations about it. by no means am I bullish or bearish on it but since I got pulled into the conversation, I decided to do a quick analysis. apparently price has had a super hard rejection off the $0.00010131 [Image]