- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 3 months, 1 week ago by ysi2tjin.
- Sunday, August 21st, 2022 at 09:36 #358738ysi2tjinParticipant
Installed Monero GUI wallet for Windows 10 64 bit. Configured it to use Local Node.
[This guide](https://github.com/monero-ecosystem/monero-GUI-guide/blob/master/monero-GUI-guide.md#about-the-simplebootstrap-mode) says that “To achieve maximum privacy in your connection to the Monero network, it’s recommended to avoid using a remote/bootstrap node and instead use advanced mode to start a local node without setting a bootstrap node”.
It also says that “If you decide to run a local node, the blockchain file will be downloaded”. So I created a folder on the external HDD for storing the whole blockchain.
Then I restored a wallet via seed and waited for 100% sync. It took almost a day. All looks good in the app.
But the size of the blockchain folder is 308 kB only. Not even a gig!
What am I doing wrong? Thanks!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → Daedalus: I usually sync my wallet every couple of days. But today, when I went to sync it said first it had an update. Afterwards, the wallet no longer connects to the node, so it cannot sync or do anything really. Anyone else having problems connecting their wallet to the node so it can sync?
- → I sent my ust via shutter mode but accidental put the wrong address. (Wanna sent to ftx eth wallet, but I sent ust via shutter mode in terra station). Where is my ust go?
- → “Advanced Mode” during create Monero Wallet GUI and “Fee” option inside wallet?