- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 month, 3 weeks ago by nodesprovider.
- Friday, August 5th, 2022 at 20:53 #349965nodesproviderParticipant
Hello, Solana team! We have prepared a NEW article that covers everything new developers need to know about Solana blockchain and especially how to run the SOL nodes. Hope the content will be interesting and valuable for you!
**Solana** is a public and open-source blockchain network that was specifically developed to enable the support for smart contract functionality and, as a direct result of that, has become the home to hundreds of decentralized applications (dApps) and has even paved the way for non-fungible tokens (NFTs) minting.
Solana was created in 2017 by Anatoly Yakovenko and Raj Gokal and utilized its own native cryptocurrency known as an SOL token for security through staking, as well as for the process of transferring value across its network.
Due to the vast popularity as well as the level of utility found within this blockchain, a lot of people have become curious about how they can run and maintain a Solana node and, as such, to make this process as simple and as straightforward as possible, today, we are going to go over everything you need to know when it comes to running a Solana node.
* Solana is a high-speed blockchain that has a reputation due to the fact that it can process a large number of transactions per second (TPS), and while its average is around 3,300 TPS, its theoretical throughput can reach 65,500 TPS.
* To achieve this goal, Solana utilizes a consensus mechanism known as Tower BFT on top of Proof-of-History (PoH) as well as Proof-of-Stake (PoS), which uses the synchronized clock allowed by PoH to reach consensus on network transactions.
* SOL is the native cryptocurrency utilized to power the Solana blockchain, and SOl as a cryptocurrency can be utilized to run a verifier node, which can earn a staking reward for being a part of the ecosystem, and SOL is also utilized for transferring value on top of the network.
* You can easily set up a Solana node; however, if you want a simpler way through which you can access all of the blockchain data, you can do so through the utilization of the blockchain-as-a-service provider known as NOWNodes
Let’s go deeper and check out the entire article. Dive in [https://nownodes.io/blog/how-to-run-solana-nodes/](https://nownodes.io/blog/how-to-run-solana-nodes/).
P.S. if you are planning to build your crypto projects on Solana blockchain you can easily get access to to it via our service. We are a nodes provider company that has access to 50+ blockchain nodes including Solana ones. Dive in here [https://nownodes.io/nodes/solana-sol](https://nownodes.io/nodes/solana-sol)
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → PSA: Anyone With a Computer & Internet Connection Can Run a BTC Node FOR FREE. Just Download and Run the Free Software. You don’t need to buy these raspberry pi’s that are not primarily BTC Nodes. Those Pricey Pi’s Are Lightning Nodes AND BTC nodes. There is a Big difference! Run A Node!
- → How many of you run full nodes? How many run archive (non-pruned) nodes?
- → Defi will run on top of lightning. Decentralised social media will run on top of lightning. The “metaverse” will run on top of lightning. Lightning is the protocol that will sit between the internet as we know it and apps as we know them. Every app on earth will run on top of lightning.
- → Centralization on ETH Nodes – The Infura Issue – Does anybody have reliable numbers that are up to date of how many ETH nodes are run by Infura?
- → Forgive my ignorance, but if there are only 15000 active BTC nodes and if it costs only $100 to run a node, what prevents a government or company that wants to see BTC die from spending 1,5 millions dollars to buy 15001 nodes in order to have a voting majority and change the protocol?
- → Question about Full nodes and validator nodes ethereum 2.0
- → The Algorand Foundation is excited to announce that the Community Relay Node Program will go live on 1st of March. This program is the next step on the path to bringing Relay Nodes to the same level of decentralization as the Algorand blockchain’s consensus participation nodes.
- → Accidently sent Solana from Binance to MetaMask so bridged the Solana from MetaMask to Solana network using Wormhole but it’s now showing the SOL as WORMHOLE (Solana) in my Phantom Wallet (unknown token). Help!
- → I am new to Solana, can you guys help? I am buying Solana using coinbase. I want to mine, How can I mine Solana? Can you also please explain what does Solana have to do with NFTs? Thanks in advance and happy new year
- → Why wasn’t there more financial incentive to run bitcoin nodes?
- → What are people running BTC nodes on now that raspberry pi’s are sold out everywhere in the UK? I don’t really have a spare laptop to dedicate for the cause unfortunately. Are there any recommendations for equivalent alternatives? I was planning on installing Umbrel to run a Lightning node too.
- → Is lightning network Geography specific? Is there any advantage for a LN operator to run a node in a country that has very less number of nodes?
- → SEC claims the US govt has jurisdiction over all Ethereum network transactions now that ETH has transitioned to proof-of-stake & the majority of nodes being run are in the US. Do you think the SEC might eventually sue ETH like it did XRP for unlawfully issuing securities?
- → Realistically how much would someone need in Crypto this bear run to become a millionaire aide next bull run?
- → Do Kwon says he’s not on the run, is cooperating fully and has nothing to hide, in response to the reports, according to the South Korean prosecutors, that the LUNA founder is on the run and not cooperating with the investigation. Do you believe in Do Kwon?