- This topic has 6 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 months ago by DrPechanko.
- Thursday, March 31st, 2022 at 16:17 #205281mocacola15Participant
Since Ethereum was launched in 2015, the dream of moving to proof-of-stake has been in the minds of every core-developer. In Q2 of 2022, it will become a reality, as Ethereum undergoes “the merge”. It will be the culmination of years of work by hundreds of people, and once completed will go down as one of the greatest achievements in the history of cryptocurrency. Once finished, Ethereum will have completely moved from a “Proof of Work” based consensus mechanism, to the more secure, scalable, and energy-efficient “Proof of Stake”. It’s importance cannot be overstated, as proof-of-stake is a necessary move to ensure the long-term sustainability of the network. While many have lamented the incredibly-slow development process, ensuring the utmost care and security during the merge-process is paramount.
Read the rest at my website –> [https://thecryptoconundrum.net/ethereum\_explained/merge.html](https://thecryptoconundrum.net/ethereum_explained/merge.html)Thursday, March 31st, 2022 at 16:17 #205282International-Fun485
ETH is ready to fly above the skyThursday, March 31st, 2022 at 16:17 #205283Wise-Grapefruit-1443
Q2 of 2022 you say? Yes please.Thursday, March 31st, 2022 at 16:17 #205284Optimal_Store
Kind of ironic isn’t it? I love ethereum and I hold a sizable bag but it’s not right that Cardano gets heat for taking long to launch while Ethereum is excused.
Anyway, can’t wait for my staked Eth to unlock so I can move it out of Coinbase lolThursday, March 31st, 2022 at 16:17 #205285Willing_Departure341
Will not fix excessive fees.Thursday, March 31st, 2022 at 16:17 #205286Rooobaaat
My wallet and myself are ready for the hype 😊Thursday, March 31st, 2022 at 16:17 #205287DrPechanko
How the merge works for me*
I keep my ETH liquid…and while everyone else is locked in beacon chain prison, I dump on their heads in a hype cycle before it happens…while they can’t sell.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → Will there be an impact on Cardano after a successful merge of Ethereum PoW/PoS merge? Will Ethereum become PoS 100% after this merge in 3 days?
- → Google Cloud developer Sam Padilla announced Friday that an Ethereum Merge countdown clock is live in the Google Search engine. Searches for “Ethereum Merge” now return a native countdown clock along with the current hashrate, difficulty, and merge difficulty. GLTA!!!
- → ETH currently cheaper than its 2017 peak – 4.5 years wiped out of the market. Meanwhile, DeFi works, Non-Fungible Tokens work, DAOs work, and there are more developers building on Ethereum than ever before. Issuance is reducing and the Merge is coming this “Crypto Winter”. Fundamentals could not be stronger. GLTA!