- This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 months ago by Chef-JN.
- Thursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 16:42 #294753NeonCityNightsParticipant
Suppose you want to move some Solana from one address to another, but are worried that there’s a problem with the network that could cause the transaction fail or result in coin loss.
What’s the most efficient way to validate that it’s safe to go ahead and transact?
My current guess is to go to [Solana Status](https://status.solana.com/) and ensure that all items are showing ‘operational’.
If all items in the list are showing ‘operational’, are you basically guaranteed to have the transaction go through successfully at the at the “quick speed” that we expect when the chain is running well?
Or do you check/validate in some other way?Thursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 17:11 #294754ctgjerts
i keep an open tab with marinade running on it. If there are issues with the SOL network they have a pop up bar that runs across the top. If that bar is saying the network is slow, I wait until it’s gone to move larger transactions.Thursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 17:12 #294755Chef-JN
Personally I check this graphana [page](https://solana.thevalidators.io/d/e-8yEOXMwerfwe/solana-monitoring?viewPanel=33&orgId=2&refresh=30s&from=now-7d&to=now&var-cluster=mainnet-beta&var-server=joogh-mainnet-hetzner)
If you’re making a swap, or using DEFI that relies on mSOL I often check Pyth to see if it’s reading the price feeds correctly: [pyth.network](https://pyth.network)
P.S. just a friendly reminder to always inspect links, I swear this is legit, but you should always check yourself 🤝
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → Algorand State Proofs are here! This is huge! Algorand State Proofs are a new interoperability standard that securely connects blockchains to the outer world without trust in an intermediary. All Proof of Stake chains can implement State Proofs to remove trust from the cross-chain equation.
- → Much like separating church and state, the separation of money and state is just as important. That’s why “blockchain tech” is so important.
- → Terra transaction confirmation screens are quite different in Ledger Nano S and Ledger Nano X. With the former, transaction details are garbled on the device and difficult to make sense of the contents, but with X every aspect of the transaction is seen clear as day. Is this normal? Both up-to-date.
- → Hey Guys, i have a Question: Yesterday I did two Transactions, but poorly both with the Same Transaction-ID. The First Transaction is executed but the second one is still outstanding. Do someone know what happens with my second Transaction?
- → Does any blockchain allow selectable time limit window for specific transaction cancelation before the validating process starts?
- → “Bored Ape Yacht Club Just Broke the Ethereum Blockchain…” So why are people ok with paying such high transaction fees for a failed transaction?
- → OH SHIT!!! One of the governor candidates for Texas said he would do the same thing Arizona is proposing here if he wins, making BTC legal tender in Texas that is. This stuff is going to become our legal currency the same way alcohol and weed prohibition ended, State by State
- → If I buy Crypto in State 1 and then sell that crypto in State 2, where do I pay capital gains tax?
- → Much like separating church and state, the divorce of money and state is just as important.
- → One of cryptos main arguments is it can’t be controlled or attacked by a state. So why do people want state regulation?
- → Empire State Manufacturing Disaster. Business activity declined sharply in NY State. Headline general business conditions index plummeted 42 points to -31.3 – second largest monthly decline in the index on record, and among the lowest levels in survey’s history. What does this mean? GLTA!!!
- → How to check Anchor Protocol whether it is scam or official? Can I check with last block on finder terra money?
- → Defiskeletons launched Coinskeleton crypto indexing platform! Check, analyze and trade top 5000 coins and tokens. Check top 500 exchanges! Use dapps!
- → Check out this great TacoCoin Tuesday promo video created by the kind folks at the greenery hour! Check them out.
- → Ethereum needs to find a better PoS design before they merge. The state of Eth PoS right now is total centralized garbage all because of poor design.