- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 week, 1 day ago by Cardanians.
- Thursday, September 22nd, 2022 at 20:24 #380077CardaniansParticipant
Cardano’s PoS works in many ways very similarly to BTC’s PoW. You may be surprised to learn that when a blockchain forks, Cardano applies the longest chain rule similar to BTC. It doesn’t take a lot of energy to create a PoS block, so there must be some additional rules in the Cardano protocol. Let’s explain some of them and show how the rules protect Cardano from the 51% attack.
* Cardano uses the longest chain rule that is similar to BTC’s rule.
* The Plenitude rule is used against long-range attacks.
* If private keys used to sign blocks are erased, attempting to overwrite the history of the blockchain is impossible.
**The protocols are about the rules**
A blockchain is a chain of blocks. The network adds new blocks to the end of the chain. Occasionally, two blocks may be produced by two (or more) independent nodes simultaneously. This event is called a fork. It means that two new blocks follow the previous block. Some rule is required to ensure that one block is a winner and stays forever in the blockchain, while the other block is discarded (orphaned forever). You can see the fork in the picture below. The node that is going to produce the next block must choose between block A or B.
**Read the article**: https://cexplorer.io/article/how-cardano-protects-itself-from-51-attack
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → How Solana is protecting itself from the possibility of 51% attack?
- → [Shower Thought] Is an attack on Energy (like happening globally) an attack on BTC?
- → How likely is an indirect US Gov attack on bitcoin via curbing carbon emissions and reducing energy usage? And what are the ways of resisting this attack?
- → How about replay attack after chain split, it seems the ethw messed up with chain id. This could lead to replay attack on ethw and eth chain as well.
- → Crypto.com introduces Worldwide Account Protection Programme, protects victims of unauthorised transactions of up to USD$250,000
- → Despite the $34 Million stolen from CryptoCom, no users suffered a loss as they were fully reimbursed . Also they introduced a Worldwide Account Protection Programme afterwards, which protects victims of unauthorised transactions of up to USD$250,000
- → solana wallet + ledger protects u from a solana hack?
- → What protects Algorand from human greed, corruption, controversies, mistakes, etc.?
- → What Protects a Merchant from BTC Double Spending?
- → A decade of innovation packed in one picture. Best nft on cardano so far. The picture speaks for itself. The more you look at it the more you see mean. NOSTALGIA
- → hey all, new to the cardano space. does cardano support staking? and if so, what is the return % on that? also, whats a good sized cardano bag to you guys? thx.
- → Is Cardano finally initiating a Vasil hard fork? Cardano Blockchain initiates anticipated Vasil hard fork for the Cardano test net
- → Attention #Cardano $ADA users! The latest update of the Cardano App in #LedgerLive allows you now to see the ticker of the Cardano token you are sending on your #Nano during a transaction! (for the 100 most common tokens)
- → Cardano – vectors of attack
- → Potential Attack vector on the Cardano Network?