- This topic has 10 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 week, 1 day ago by I_Love_Crypto_Man.
- Thursday, September 22nd, 2022 at 21:29 #380117KontikulusParticipant
I saw my portfolio lose about 65% of its value and not once I was tempted to sell. I was lucky enough to at least take some profits during the “good times” so it is definitely easier for me to hold my bag.
What I can not do, is buying. I have some disposable cash, I believe that crypto will find it’s permanent place in the economy and I definitely think its a good time to buy, even if the prices get lower. **But I simply can’t bring myself to buy right now.**
There are too many unknows for me in the short term. Will my emergency fund be sufficient for the next curve balls we will get? What if I get several unexpected expenses in a row? How much will I pay for energy this year?
Respect to all the madlads out there who take a chunk out of their (relatively small) paychecks in times like these and take that gamble. Some of you will probably be very happy people in a couple years, some will maybe miss that 200 bucks very dearly in a couple weeks, but at least you have the determination I lack right now.Thursday, September 22nd, 2022 at 21:29 #380118This_Red_Apple
I’ve come to learn the best protection for your portfolio is actual savings. When I start thinking like this, I grow my savings until I can invest with peace of mind.Thursday, September 22nd, 2022 at 21:29 #380119aJoshster
I know the feeling.Thursday, September 22nd, 2022 at 21:29 #380120-Mirrored-
You could try to DCA in – invest the same amount of money each week (preferably on a specific day) no matter what the price is. For example, putting in 50 dollars in every Friday. Even if the price is really high or really low when you buy, it’ll all even outThursday, September 22nd, 2022 at 21:29 #380121Weirdcrypto
I am all for buying if I werent out of cash. I have a family to feed.😅Thursday, September 22nd, 2022 at 21:29 #380122SCHokie2011
The very thing (inflation) that makes me want to buy more crypto is the same thing that renders me unable to do so.Thursday, September 22nd, 2022 at 21:29 #380123CymandeTV
Just buy now spare money you don’t need. You will be grateful in few years.Thursday, September 22nd, 2022 at 21:29 #380124Intelligent_Page2732
I catch myself trying to time the bottom again, but mostly just DCA when I can.
These prices are pretty good compared to last year.Thursday, September 22nd, 2022 at 21:29 #380125Goonzoo
Iam in the Same boat. I reduced my DCA. This Winter might be a hard one.Thursday, September 22nd, 2022 at 21:29 #380126Mundane-Farm-4117
I buy a little here and there.Thursday, September 22nd, 2022 at 21:29 #380127I_Love_Crypto_Man
DCA and everything will be fine!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → Michael Saylor: “BTC is the most difficult property that the human race possesses or has yet invented to confiscate … I literally have to crack your head open and read your mind to take it … It’s harder to take than every other thing you might own. In fact, it’s exponentially harder.” [Crypto News]
- → Sometimes HODLing is not the answer. What if had actually sold back at 60k instead of HODLing to 35k?
- → If you are panic selling instead of accumulating right now or at least hodling, you are doing it wrong
- → Stack harder! We are only 2 years away from the next halving. You will regret every sat you didn’t stack now just like you regret not buying more during the last “crypto winter.”
- → BTC Is The Least Popular Inflation Hedge: A Bloomberg survey of more than 800 investors had a surprising outcome when ranking inflation hedges: BTC came in last place. Genesis Trading Head of Market Insights Noelle Acheson says that may be because BTC is the least-tested of assets. [News]
- → I have been buying all day. Had $1,000 and been buying all day in $100 increments. I am literally buying my Freedom. RIP to those giving up their freedoms today.
- → Which platform is best for buying, hodling and gaining SHIB?
- → KEEP BUYING AND KEEP HODLING WE ARE STRONG TOGETHER. WE GOT THIS YOU IDIOTS.
- → I read the 26 page Russian Central Bank Report on Crypto so you don’t have to: ‘Cryptocurrencies: trends, risks, measures’. Russia will NOT be banning Russians from buying, selling, trading, transferring or hodling crypto.
- → If there is the biggest lesson to learn from crypto investment, for me it would be “patience”. Patience with buying. Patience with hodling. Patience with selling.
- → Hello guys ! I do believe it’s time for me to stop buying !I think I’m gonna have to sit back with my bag and check back in a few months . I hope there’s at least a few crumbs left 😂 . Good luck guys .
- → Recent survey shows 83% of millennial millionaires own crypto – of these individuals, over half surveyed have at least 50% of their wealth in crypto, with plans to keep buying more.
- → If you have a 8-10 year mindset on Ethereum, the price drops make you happy. If you are worried about short term gains or losses, the drops terrify you. Zoom out to at least year 2030 and learn to appreciate these once in a lifetime buying opportunities. Stack, stake & HODL ETH to riches!!! GLTA!!!
- → The number of addresses holding at least 1 ETH has reached 1,525,038, a new all-time high. Are you buying the dip?
- → My descending portfolio goes down harder than the market moves. AMA