- This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 months ago by Mr_P_Nissaurus.
- Wednesday, June 22nd, 2022 at 14:21 #316302Spare-Dingo-531Participant
As the title says, I bumped into my State Senator on a trip to the library. He was there for some event. I spoke to him about BTC and he says he knows nothing about it, although he seemed interested in learning more.
So he gave me his card and I agreed to e-mail him some articles.
I want to send him two articles, one on how bitcoin works, the other on bitcoin’s energy usage.
I am definitely going to send him this article: https://www.lynalden.com/bitcoin-energy/
The real question is explaining how bitcoin works. The best article I know about that is “How the BTC Protocol Actually Works” by Michael Neilson. But that’s too long and complicated. I feel like I need something simpler.
So, any article recommendations on how the **mechanics** of bitcoin work for my State Senator?Wednesday, June 22nd, 2022 at 14:26 #316303drinkingkindasucks
This might be too long, but this is my favorite explanation of Bitcoin:
Nice job BTW!Wednesday, June 22nd, 2022 at 14:26 #316305Mr_P_Nissaurus
Intro: The Trust Machine (22 min):
Read: “The Bitcoin Standard,” by S. AmmousWednesday, June 22nd, 2022 at 14:27 #316304W944
Ship him the Bitcoin Standard book. Articles are just complementary info. If he knows nothing about it make him read the book first.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → Someone I know has invested and is holding a very decent amount of btc. When I asked if they are storing on there computer or a exchange they asked what’s the difference. Then got offended when I asked what wallet there using.
- → Two More Crypto Bills Submitted by Arizona Senator. The senator wants to make Arizona the most crypto-friendly state in the U.S. Could make BTC a legal tender
- → Spoke to my local congressman, and now he actually wants me to provide him with reputable sources on why crypto could help my state.
- → Senator Ron Wyden spoke out against strict regulation of cryptocurrencies in the U.S.
- → Help- I’m trying to figure out a way to send money to a friend in Kyiv,Ukraine for food and refuge for his family and neighborhood- is BTC the answer? How does it work? Could I send him bitcoin from US to Ukraine as long as he has internet? How would he access the funds? Any help is appreciated!
- → State Senator Introduces Bill To Make BTC (BTC) Legal Tender in Arizona
- → Algorand State Proofs are here! This is huge! Algorand State Proofs are a new interoperability standard that securely connects blockchains to the outer world without trust in an intermediary. All Proof of Stake chains can implement State Proofs to remove trust from the cross-chain equation.
- → What if you could send messages between wallets/addresses? Like if you accidentally sent $20 to the wrong address it would be cool if you could send a message to that address for free and nicely ask for it back. Some people are genuine and good and if asked nicely I think they would return it.
- → So I send my little brother a Ledger Nano S for his birthday, and after he sets it up, I send him his first BTC. Woo hoo, successful orange pill, right? Well…until he then asks me “Ok, now what do I do with it, send it back?”
- → US Senator Wendy Rogers Introduces Bill To Accept BTC As A Legal Tender In State Of Arizona
- → Help…friend asked me to download coinbase so he can send me money… scam?
- → crypto.com need help buying terra luna on google pay my l9cale bank card can’t be used but if I send $10 to my google play account could I buy terra then? yes I asked customer service and they have no idea
- → I asked my local corner store owner asked why he doesn’t accept Cryptocurrency and here’s his answer.
- → Help with Terra Station, I stake all my luna, now i can’t unstake it, it asked for fees. please help
- → U.S. Senator Ted Cruz : “I’m particularly proud that my home state, Texas, is becoming an oasis for the blockchain community, for bitcoin miners, for innovators and entrepreneurs in the crypto world”