- This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 weeks, 4 days ago by BusyBoredom.
- Monday, November 21st, 2022 at 19:25 #408127itunclegaryParticipant
Until today i was an XMR maximalist. Until i opened an old wallet and it took it 8 hours to build height. Is this an elephant in the room the devs dont care to address? Frankly, i’m now pretty turned off to the coin and I only find it useful if you use a brand new wallet that does not take 8 hours to load.Monday, November 21st, 2022 at 19:25 #408128Extreme-Resolution45
Send all of your coins to yourself (record the restore height), set new restore height to the new restore height. Now it won’t take as long. The latest update also speed times by 30%Monday, November 21st, 2022 at 19:25 #408129BusyBoredom
Yeah, it’s pretty inconvenient.
One workaround is to send all your coins to yourself on a wallet that is already syncd. Then you can restore it using the height of that transaction, instead of the creation height.
In time, syncing speed will improve. There are new optimizations found and implemented all the time. The major update earlier this year came with a nearly 50% speedup on some platforms for example. So it’s getting better, but I agree it’s not really ready for broad adoption in its current state.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → In my country, Western Union takes $50 per $1000 transfer. Binance takes $1…
- → Hey Guys, I’m new in Monero and installed the cake wallet. Where can i buy xmr now? Is there a wallet in which I can buy xmr? Thanks!
- → Are you a freelancer that accepts XMR? List yourself in the new XMR.Directory freelancer section