- This topic has 9 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 months ago by KirbyAteMyCoins.
- Wednesday, July 27th, 2022 at 08:40 #345461ClubbyTheCubParticipant
Soooo… with Gas and electricity costs rising in the EU I was wondering if I should start mining to heat my flat in the winter and get part of the electricity cost for it back..
Is anyone else doing this or considering this? Its kind of a weird approach..heating a room with a GPU but sounds like a not to bad idea now or am I missing something?
Anyway.. that being said – what should I mine? I guess ETH mining wont be a thing anymore when the cold months arrive.. any ideas?
Is BTC mining still worth it?Wednesday, July 27th, 2022 at 08:40 #345462Just-4-NSFW
LUNCWednesday, July 27th, 2022 at 08:40 #345463FitnessBlitz
Eth classic? Ergo? Ravencoin?
If you’re heating your living room with a mining rig then you’ll also have to deal with the sound and maybe even lights.Wednesday, July 27th, 2022 at 08:40 #345464Clash_My_Clans
Why not mine moons, heck you don’t even need a computer to do that 😆Wednesday, July 27th, 2022 at 08:40 #345465moldyjellybean
I do this during the winter and spring, during the summer I have selectively turn some off during the dayWednesday, July 27th, 2022 at 08:40 #345466daddywookie
I’ve not been mining but I have found my desktop keeps my small study nice and warm while working from home. No need to turn on the whole house heating. You’ll need to keep the doors shut and make sure you have good insulation though.Wednesday, July 27th, 2022 at 08:40 #345467Castr0-
Yes, you can. My room is so hot in summer because of mining and winter is a little more warm.
Is a great ideaWednesday, July 27th, 2022 at 08:40 #345468ChemicalGreek
It depends on your room. If you can calculate the amount of heat of your PC and if you know the size of your room, it’s pretty easy to do the math. Also your room has to be very good insulated and keep the windows in consideration (most heat loss).Wednesday, July 27th, 2022 at 08:40 #345469Cheesebaron
Depends on how your house is heated. If it uses a heat pump, wood, oil or gas it is a bit complicated and depends on your PC hardware and heating costs. If your home however is heated with electric radiators (straight up electricity to heat, not very cost efficient and not very common) your PC mining will do the same thing and generate coins for absolute no additional cost.Wednesday, July 27th, 2022 at 08:40 #345470KirbyAteMyCoins
We all burning here mate
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → heating a home while mining
- → To the non-bitcoin people out there who think bitcoin mining is boiling the oceans: watching videos online produces 6x more carbon than the BTC blockchain. BTC mining will increase demand for renewables and eventually the renewables will cycle to non-mining uses.
- → A series of leading “big men” in the BTC mining industry publicly released BTC – First, the “big” in the mining industry that holds the most BTC today Core Scientific sold 1,125 BTC, followed by Riot Blockchain selling 93% of the mining output…….
- → Things Are Heating Up – $100M of Shorts Liquidated, and Here Comes BTC Price Back Above $41K. Is this the end of the “Disbelief” phase preceding a Bullish rally?
- → Competition is heating up in South Africa. Any opinion on this YouTube video, particularly on how it affects Cardano’s plans in the region?
- → Solana Defi is heating up! | The intricate bribe network unfolding on Solana with the Saber/Sunny Wars!
- → Check out the Hot Tub Mine Machine tutorial @ErinEMalone and @satstacksage created : https://erinmalone.substack.com/p/cc5ba38e-ceb0-4c72-be6f-2f654f364687 TL;DR You save money heating a hot tub running a bitcoin miner 🧡
- → Ofelimos as central house heating system
- → Make money while heating your house [Image]
- → Want to talk about utility? I vented the heat from my doge miners into my wife’s reptile room, so we save money, and get doge 💰 🦎
- → Does a Fed digital dollar leave any room for crypto stablecoins?
- → SHIB .0001xxxx waiting room
- → Is there room for a different type of stable coin not attached to fiat?
- → The elephant in the room that critics never address. If BTC is worth zero, why does the free market say BTC value > 0 ?
- → Plandail, whose mission is to Europe’s premier cross-border, seamless, regulated crowdfunding platform, introduces a founding member program. The first 1000 members will get access to their own presale, free membership to their impact startup pre-sale investors deal room and more.