- This topic has 10 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 3 months, 1 week ago by Castr0-.
- Sunday, August 21st, 2022 at 12:41 #358854Sugar_PhutParticipant
I’ll start out by saying I’m probably on the older end of the age spectrum here. I’m pushing 40, 2 daughters and I’m just looking to stay informed.
I guess I unintentionally helped adoption early last decade using BTC to buy off Silk Road.
Fast forward to 2020 I actually started to invest on a popular exchange. As the market took a turn for the worse I bought a cold wallet and moved my assets off exchange.
I’m not the most tech savvy guy but I’m eager to learn. I’m a firm believer that crypto / blockchain is the future and here to stay.
I just bought The BTC Standard and started reading it yesterday.
Any other solid recommendations for a older noob mind?
I won’t be responding to any messages. Let’s keep this thread respectful and helpful to all. Thanks in advanceSunday, August 21st, 2022 at 12:41 #358855surrender_the_juice
**Pain: The Science of Suffering** by Patrick WallSunday, August 21st, 2022 at 12:41 #358856reddito321
The Bitcoin Standard is a classic and the first one I’d recommend.Sunday, August 21st, 2022 at 12:41 #358857MilesPower
“Mastering Bitcoin” by Andreas Antonopolous is a fantastic deep dive into the inner workings of bitcoin, a little tech/programmer heavy so might be a bit dense for someone without programming experience but it’s a fantastic resource that I genuinely think everyone should own as Andreas does a fantastic job of explaining each aspect in a clear and coherent way.
Also, Not a book but Lyn Alden recently put out a long form piece on the failures of crypto as currency and where bitcoin/lightning has pivoted to try and recapture that market :
[https://www.swanbitcoin.com/a-look-at-the-lightning-network/](https://www.swanbitcoin.com/a-look-at-the-lightning-network/)Sunday, August 21st, 2022 at 12:41 #358858lovemesomefood
Bold to assume anyone on this subreddit has read a bookSunday, August 21st, 2022 at 12:41 #358859ipetgoat1984
What did you buy off Silk Road and how much BTC did you spend?Sunday, August 21st, 2022 at 12:41 #358860greenappletree
For an investment point try: one up by Peter lynch or principals by ray Dalio – not crypto per se but the investment strategy and way of thinking about it will be enlighteningSunday, August 21st, 2022 at 12:41 #358861benitoblanco888
the bitcoin standardSunday, August 21st, 2022 at 12:41 #358862Optimal_Store
For a good foundational understanding Dummies has a series on crypto. One of those in the series is Crypto Currency Mining. It’s a thick series but I think it’s well worth your times
It Bitcoin and so much more. Cryptography, minting and walletsSunday, August 21st, 2022 at 12:41 #358863kirtash93
Not specific about crypto but interesting reading. I recommend you Rich Dad Poor Dad – Robert Kiyosaki and Sharon LechterSunday, August 21st, 2022 at 12:41 #358864Castr0-
Dummies books are always helpfull because they explain in a simple manner.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → Hey Guys ! I hope all of you’re doing well , I need some expert suggestion who were doin’ good in blockchain technology and working on it … What should I study , which course should I take , from where should I learn blockchain (any book, tutorial) . Anyone recommend me !
- → Everyone should buy crypto. Everyone should learn about crypto. Its here to stay. They cant make it go away. Current currency as it is is a debt on a debt. It is bound to collapse or brin major poverty. Crypto world is the solution. Help urself, learn crypto.