- This topic has 10 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 months ago by WOWSHILL187.
- Thursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 10:58 #294658csgoboy2021Participant
I understand the HODL but why not buy a house, a car using some/most of your BTC then still keep some BTC? Or would that defeat the HODL concept?Thursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 11:03 #294659vitalyevodin
it is completely okay, use your savings no matter in bitcoin or in whateverThursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 11:04 #29466216vJamie
I would assume the HODL concept lasts just until you’ve made a good amount of profit. I mean, there’s no point dying with 50 BTC after living your whole life off rice and noodlesThursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 11:10 #294660SatoshiDisciple
I personally will be hodling 1 per kid (gifted to them at 25), but the rest is to fund that F U money. Hopefully as a fiat loan against btc collateral.Thursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 11:11 #294661The-Francois8
House yes, car no.
Houses appreciate in value; cars go the other way.Thursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 11:39 #294663Perringer
I’ve only sold enough to live uncomfortably, and only because financial circumstance demanded that I had to.Thursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 11:40 #294664Halo22B
Time preferences….that’s the beauty of Bitcoin. You do you and I’ll do me….Honey badger don’t give a [email protected]$kThursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 11:47 #294665AlternativeYou8664
I’m perfectly comfortable living *with* my bitcoin, thanks.Thursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 12:32 #294666charlespax
Opportunity cost. Anything you spend your Bitcoin on today is at the cost that bitcoin’s future spending potential.Thursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 13:07 #294667nine8whatwhat
Great thing about holding btc instead of a house is houses can’t be cheated
You hear all these stories about how one house on this side of the city is 500k while the house on the bad side of similar size is barely 100k
Once btc becomes the 2nd most valuable asset you’ll never be able to feel cheated
1 btc over here is worth 1 btc everywhere
That’s why it might overtake real estate one day evenThursday, June 2nd, 2022 at 13:51 #294668WOWSHILL187
YES, I’m retired because of bitcoin.
Feels good to be done with it considering the state of crypto currency today.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → Made my first investment recently! 250$ into BTC, as that’s all I could comfortably put into it at the moment. How do I deal with the nerves?
- → A friend of mine wants to move a large sum of money (+/- 10,000 USD) in to france. I advised this friend to use stablecoins. Does anyone here live in France that has sold crypto?
- → A series of leading “big men” in the BTC mining industry publicly released BTC – First, the “big” in the mining industry that holds the most BTC today Core Scientific sold 1,125 BTC, followed by Riot Blockchain selling 93% of the mining output…….
- → For those who need to see this. In 2011 btc was worth $30. Btc halved in 2012. In 2013 we saw a $1000 btc. Btc halved in 2016. In 2017 we saw a $15,000 btc. Btc halved again in 2020 and we saw a $60,000 btc. 2024 is the next halving. 2025 is gonna be interesting.
- → Why are we talking about fundamentals when shitcoins are sitting comfortably in top 20?
- → Saw two posts today that said we are “comfortably” above $30K for the King of Coins
- → How much Solana would you need to comfortably retire?
- → How much Algorand does one need to Retire comfortably?
- → If no one bought or sold any doge for 10 years you would lose 33% of your investment. If no one bought or sold any shiba for 10 years you will lose 0% of your investment. Where would you put your money?
- → 281 Days ago Elon Musk claimed BTC would solve Climate-Change, 261 Days ago he claimed BTC would cause Climate-Change, 310 Days ago he claimed to never Sell BTC, 277 Days ago he Sold $300M
- → LFG just confirmed they have sold most of their BTC reserve (80K BTC) and still couldn’t defend the peg. They only have 313 BTC left in their reserve.
- → No one is more important than another in the BTC revolution, as Satoshi Nakamoto once said. Worry because Elon Musk sold 75% of his BTC? That doesn’t change the future success of the BTC revolution.
- → The biggest private BTC holder sold 1500 BTC when it was $67k, and has accumulated double that back in the last two weeks. The whales …just know.
- → Biggest BTC Whale unloaded 61K BTC. Sold or What?
- → Tesla reported that it sold 75% of its BTC. How do you think this sell-off will affect BTC trading price?