- This topic has 10 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 months ago by Wise-Grapefruit-1443.
- Tuesday, July 26th, 2022 at 18:53 #345245greenappletreeParticipant
this is not related to the alleged inside trading a few days ago — its much much more serious.
>**report that it’s facing SEC’s probe into whether the platform is offering unregistered securities.**
>This SEC probe reportedly happened before and was separate from Coinbase’s alleged insider trading scheme that led to the fraud charges against an ex-Coinbase product manager and two other people Thursday. But SEC also filed a complaint the same day, claiming that nine of the **25 tokens allegedly traded in the scheme were securities.**
>“I’m happy to say it again and again: we are confident that our rigorous diligence process — a process the SEC has already reviewed — keeps securities off our platform,” said Coinbase’s chief legal officer Paul Grewal on Twitter. “We look forward to engaging with the SEC on the matter.”
This is on top of the 70% drop this year for Coinbase. Not sure what this could lead to but coinbase is going to fight this all big time.
edit: there were a few rumors going on but this is more legitimate and the market is reacting to it accordingly.
> CNBC has confirmed with a source. The news was earlier reported by Bloomberg.
​Tuesday, July 26th, 2022 at 18:53 #345246olihowells
I feel bad for Coinbase, they tried to suck up to the SEC as much as possible. Didn’t offer lending products, didn’t offer futures contracts, delisted XRP as soon as the lawsuit was announced. Now the SEC is going for them more than any other exchange.Tuesday, July 26th, 2022 at 18:53 #345247_Whit3
Where can I short Coinbase?Tuesday, July 26th, 2022 at 18:53 #345248marsangelo
SEC is going to have to prove individually that all of these coins are securities. This is going to be a shitshowTuesday, July 26th, 2022 at 18:53 #345249sith_happenss
So we should buy CB stocks now?Tuesday, July 26th, 2022 at 18:53 #345250greenappletree
Again this is not from the insider trading thing. Now SEC has formally file a complaint that 9/25 tokens are securities.Tuesday, July 26th, 2022 at 18:53 #345251KilzzoneXD
Now my stocks are down as well as my crypto!!Tuesday, July 26th, 2022 at 18:53 #345252trrrring
It’s worrisome.Tuesday, July 26th, 2022 at 18:53 #345253Spare_Imagination648
Buy the dip!Tuesday, July 26th, 2022 at 18:53 #345254olihowells
Why isn’t the SEC going after the actual scams?Tuesday, July 26th, 2022 at 18:53 #345255Wise-Grapefruit-1443
Happening right now!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → Top cryptocurrency news: Coinbase is facing two fresh lawsuits amid SEC probe
- → On Its 10th Anniversary, Coinbase Is Facing a Crisis of Growth As Crypto Winter Is Here. Coinbase has lost more than 85% of its stock market value since the ATH of BTC in November 2021. [Crypto News]
- → XRP Army Drives Bumper Sales in Ripple Stock Despite SEC Probe [Crypto News]
- → SEC, State Regulators Probe Crypto Lender Celsius Over Accounts Freeze [Crypto News]
- → SEC vs RIPPLE – Ripple further correspondence strike the SEC Supplemental Expert Report
- → Its the Whales! No, its the Bears! Wait, its the derivatives markets! Wrong, its the Bulls…
- → Crypto lender Celsius which recently declared bankruptcy owes more than $4.7 billion in crypto to its customers. Celsius plans to make up its deficit partly using newly minted bitcoins from its mining facility. Do you think Celsius will be able to fully compensate its customers?
- → In 2021, the SEC went after crypto. In 2022, crypto is coming for the SEC. Ripple has started to rack up procedural court victories as it fends off the SEC in a case that could redefine how the agency polices digital assets
- → My account of Coinbase pro is frozen. I’m not able to buy, sell or deposit. I called Coinbase support and they said Coinbase pro doesn’t have phone number and I need to send email to specialist. But they didn’t resolve my issue. Do you know how to contact Coinbase pro?
- → If the SEC ever attempted to make moves against Anchor Protocol, how would they approach it and what would they do? Or is truly safe from the SEC b/c its defi?
- → SEC v. Ripple: Why the SEC Is Bent on Protecting Its Internal Documents [Crypto News]
- → The SEC has just surprisingly completed its discovery process, indicating that the Ripple-SEC lawsuit will soon be concluded.
- → Coinbase is facing class action suits over unstable stablecoins GYEN, TerraUSD [Crypto News]
- → Coinbase is facing class-action suits over unstable stablecoins GYEN, USTC. [Crypto News]
- → Barclays freezes ex-CEO’s $29 million bonus as regulators probe links to Jeffrey Epstein