- This topic has 6 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 month, 4 weeks ago by trystate.
- Wednesday, July 27th, 2022 at 19:20 #345662Successful_Craft3076Participant
So what everyone was expecting happened about an hour ago.
Here are my thoughts:
1. Market was expecting 75 point so this, alone would not come as a surprise or shock. As a matter of fact as I am writing this market slowly going up.
2. Bank lending requirements are tightening and that process will accelerate. This mean less and less money for risky investments. Don’t know how much institutional investment gonna change tho. And we little guys are mostly out of cash already. So there is that.
3. If second quarter numbers look grim (at least worst than everyone predicted)in addition to rate hike it might push the market down further.
4. Part of where market goes from here is same as stock market. it depends heavily on how well Feds can manage inflation. If fed rate hikes prove to be successful we might have better days ahead. If not…well it will not be only crypto which would go to doom spiral I suppose.
5. Next few hours/days will tell us where we stand. I would not buy until I see a nice dive which might never come. Who knows!
6. For now nothing new/game changing added to the picture. If situation keeps going like this I expect to see a relief rally.Wednesday, July 27th, 2022 at 19:20 #345663Status_Floor1746
I think if anything the market will go up. All of the markets had priced in a 75 point increase which is why we are seeing everything up so much right now. Now that the market know for certain it can move past this. Crypto would have been pummeled if it was a 100 point hike but since it was just 75 that was already priced in.Wednesday, July 27th, 2022 at 19:20 #345664Clash_My_Clans
Crypto doesn’t give a rat’s ass about Feds, we have this time and againWednesday, July 27th, 2022 at 19:20 #345665Substantial_Age_1284
I think it means we just keep on keeping on. So hard to predict the impact of these decisions and i think a lot things are priced in with people pre worrying about them weeks or sometime months ago.
Of course I could be talking absolute horse balls. Who knowsWednesday, July 27th, 2022 at 19:20 #345666Livid_Yam
Markets are doing well right now, but don’t hold out too much hope. GDP drops next week.Wednesday, July 27th, 2022 at 19:20 #345667morey_scagnetti
all we currently know is big daddy btc immediately jumped 5%Wednesday, July 27th, 2022 at 19:20 #345668trystate
Quality post mate. Thanks
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → Interest rate rises, banks and how they see it the interest rate translate to us.
- → The Central Bank of Argentina’s Interest Rate is 60%, whereas the Swiss National Bank’s Interest Rate is -0.25%
- → Crypto.com introduces ‘Spending Power’ – you can borrow against your staked coins with 0% interest if repaid within seven days. If the loan is not repaid within seven days, the interest rate is 9.99% thereafter.
- → Deposit Rate Subsidization Question. How can I find out what the protocol sets as the target deposit rate and threshold rate on Anchor?
- → 159, 000 interest only for five years w/ a variable rate starting at 4.250% max rate @ 18%. I buy 3 bitcoins. And in five years I pay off the loan before the principle kicks in. Crazy? I don’t have anymore fingernails
- → When will fed hike interest rate? What impact will a rate hike have on BTC market?
- → In normal pre-pandemic times the Dollar had a stock to flow of 10. After the pandemic the stock to flow of the dollar is probably 4.If bitcoin had a treasury interest rate or a fed funds rate, what do you think it would be?
- → BTC 30 day short/long interest & BTC interest rate
- → Interest Protocol | Free Stablecoin Interest Rate Loans | Use LP tokens as collateral | Whitelist open
- → DeFi lending & Feds increasing interest rates
- → another week will stay between 0.00010 to 0.00020. I rised my lunc from 2.5m to 4.6 from trade. will wait. 0.00017 to sell and will buy 0.00014 again
- → Fed does not raise interest rate (for now) — let the markets rejoice
- → Why does BTC move in the same direction of Fed interest rate/balance sheet changes and the stock markets? Shouldn’t BTC be a refuge from these irrational, unsustainable markets?
- → Does interest rate affect bitcoin’s value?
- → Federal Reserve approves half percentage interest rate increase – crypto and stock markets respond favorably [Crypto News]