- This topic has 8 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 months ago by sabertoothless.
- Wednesday, June 22nd, 2022 at 15:39 #316346coiiiiiParticipant
Jerome Powell just said it. Interest will keep going up without any sign of retraction. If we take the history we all know that every time inflation peaks the markets finds the bottom. You can check the data of previous crashes and make some conclusions. This is not advice, but if you’re in the group that thinks that “history repeats itself” it could be a good idea to wait a few months until the stock market and the crypto market dumps again and find a better enter position.
On the other side, I think that is not a bad idea to start a DCA strategy since we are really low in prices right now, specially BTC and ETH. I’m sure they will dump in the future, but maybe not enough to try to time the bottom.
Anyways, this year can be a great opportunity to buy if you believe in crypto.Wednesday, June 22nd, 2022 at 15:39 #316347Odysseus_Lannister
The writing has been on the wall for months and Powell has been pretty transparent on how many hikes/% goals he has in mind.Wednesday, June 22nd, 2022 at 15:39 #316348powellquesne
If high interest rates are anathema to investors, then how do you explain the ’80s? I think people these days have very short memories because education has not been focusing on facts and figures in quite a while. Now it is more about, *How do you FEEL about history and how can I improve your feelings about it?* Young students: correct me if I’m wrong. Did you have any idea that the 1980s saw one of the greatest stock market bull runs in history, even though interest rates were *extremely high*, between 5-10% for most of the run? Now people think 2% is going to break the banks. What happened? Genuine question.
P.S. If y’all think 10-15% APYs are ‘unrealistic’ today, ask me how much interest I earned on my early ’80s savings account at the Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce. It was in the double digits as well.Wednesday, June 22nd, 2022 at 15:39 #316349Clash_My_Clans
Fed: money printer will go brrrrrrr as usualWednesday, June 22nd, 2022 at 15:39 #316350Durpy15648
I think you mentioned DCA & HODL!Wednesday, June 22nd, 2022 at 15:39 #316351kirtash93
We already knew that they will not stop raising interest until the end of year.Wednesday, June 22nd, 2022 at 15:39 #316352crypt0_sports
All these FOMO fools this week are being to get bent over and rammed with no lube.Wednesday, June 22nd, 2022 at 15:39 #316353DMugre
lol, at this point rate hikes have been priced in already.
Actually, the fed is WAY behind the market in that sense, the market has priced a -4.5% effective rate in so far and the actual rate is at 1.52%.Wednesday, June 22nd, 2022 at 15:39 #316354sabertoothless
Just stop saying
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell’s guidance that the U.S. central bank will most likely raise interest rates by 50 or 75 basis points in July. YOU THINK THE MARKET IS DOWN NOW! WAIT TILL JULY!! Save up your lunch money boys and girls for the biggest sale of the YEAR!
- → BTC jumps towards $40,000, as Fed chair Jerome Powell said the central bank is not actively considering 75 basis point hike [Crypto News]
- → Fed Chair Jerome Powell Says Cryptocurrency Needs Regulation To Prevent Terrorist Financing
- → THE INFLATION REDUCTION ACT OF 2022. They are printing another $0.5 Trillion dollars to fight inflation. USA is following in the footsteps of Turkey in printing more money to fight inflation.
- → On Friday, Jerome Powell announced The Fed will continue to raise interest rates until they feel inflation is back under control
- → Jerome Powell: We now understand how little we understand about inflation. Admits inflation models have been wrong for 40 years. Thank God for BTC!
- → Don’t know if ppl are flocking to invest into crypto because of the fed reserve response to fight inflation by raising the benchmark, or if this the usual spring time boom phenomenon that gets us new highs late summer/fall.
- → “There is an infinite amount of cash at the Federal Reserve.” -Neel Kashkari President of the Federal Reserve Minneapolis [Image]
- → A guy in front of the Federal Reserve painting the Federal Reserve on fire. [Image]
- → Visionary BTC guy painting Federal Reserve building in flames, in front of Federal Reserve [Image]
- → Federal Reserve Bank President Pushes for Faster Rate Hikes — Says the Fed Risks Losing Credibility on Inflation Target [News]
- → According to a decision by Federal Open Market Committee on Friday, Federal Reserve officials are prohibited from trading or investing in cryptocurrencies and other financial instruments to avoid conflicts of interest
- → The Central Bank of Argentina’s Interest Rate is 60%, whereas the Swiss National Bank’s Interest Rate is -0.25%
- → Hold on…. BTC & Markets up because of 1 man Jerome Powell said he can stop Inflation?
- → Tomorrow Jerome Powell will speak at the FED policy retreat. One year ago he announced at the same that “Inflation is transitory”, the rest is history.