- This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 months ago by Toddissuch.
- Thursday, June 23rd, 2022 at 11:44 #316971MilesPowerParticipant
Embattled (read: failing) crypto exchange “Voyager” has recently started to restrict withdrawals to stop a run on the bank and essentially crippling their only means of getting back the money they recently lost. The clearly state in their terms and conditions that, once you give them your crypto they will do whatever the fuck they want with it and you are shit out of luck if they lose it.
They took your money – put it in anchor to get the yield and then gave you part of that yield back, except Luna went tits up and now they’re fucked.
This is their business model. They, just like a normal bank, use your money to trade and do what they want with but, unlike a bank, if they go bust you are shit out of luck and get nothing.
They’ve had to set up withdrawal limits otherwise their only means of making money (trading your coins for profit) will evaporate.
If you don’t know where the Yield is coming from – YOU ARE THE YIELD.
**Nacho cheese Nacho coins.**Thursday, June 23rd, 2022 at 11:44 #316972keeprollin420
So Voyager… I’ll passThursday, June 23rd, 2022 at 11:44 #316973slasula
never even heard of some of these wordsThursday, June 23rd, 2022 at 11:44 #316974Castr0-
So this is a huge pass. Unbelieve.Thursday, June 23rd, 2022 at 11:44 #316975milnivek
I dont know what people thought these cefi companies were doing with their money… you know if they are offering you x% returns it means they are making x+y% off it right? Anyone who thinks these companies were just holding it in a bank where it would be safe must have a single digit iq.Thursday, June 23rd, 2022 at 11:44 #316976Toddissuch
Higher yields for a higher risk. I did my research and accepted those terms. Now it’s on me to fix the leaks.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → Bitstamp exchange of new terms and conditions is a joke
- → We all hate terms & conditions, but this is why you should start reading them from now on:
- → What is the minimum info an exchange must retain to be US KYC compliant?
- → Do you guys buy and hodl or do you guys stake? Does anyone hodl and stake? Which is better? I own Solana and I am torn whether if I should stake or not. Not knowing what will happen if I were to stake. Could you guys please explain which is better ? Thanks
- → hi guys, new to staking on yoroi, can someone tell me what is meant by pool/costs/pledge. I didn’t realise there were multiple places to stake and unsure which is best
- → Have any of the people wringing their hands about Coinbase actually read their terms of service?
- → I read the Ledger Terms of Service, and I don’t really like it
- → keep shiba，bone and lease，don’t sell ！don’t sell ！don’t sell
- → If you’re 90% certain price will go lower, it’s very profitable to sell at current price and buy at a lower price. It’s simple math but most people seem to be unaware of this, almost brainwashed with – If you don’t sell you don’t lose. Well – If you sell and buy at lower price it’s even better!
- → CFTC Imposes $250,000 Penalty Against bZeroX, LLC and Its Founders and Charges Successor Ooki DAO for Offering Illegal, Off-Exchange Digital-Asset Trading, Registration Violations, and Failing to Comply with Bank Secrecy Act
- → Critics claim BTC can’t be a currency because people hodl it. People hodl it because it will retain its value long enough for them to find something worthwhile to buy. [Crypto News]
- → Genuine Question, why will Eth retain its market cap?
- → What’s the consensus on where to stake/lend your AVAX? (DeFi only)
- → Where to stake or lend native MATIC?
- → Does the Degenbox Strategy introduce Serious Risk into the Crypto Ecosystem? How does creating $10 dollars from $1 aka 10x leverage not simply spiral out of control when market goes down or a stable depegs? What lending platforms lend on stake tokens?