- This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 3 months, 2 weeks ago by realredsteel.
- Sunday, August 21st, 2022 at 16:49 #358976Regular_Plantain9962Participant
First really caught my attention after the dYdX move. Got some reading and looking like something real is happening here. Exploring the eco system – got advice?Sunday, August 21st, 2022 at 16:49 #358977chuoni
Hey and welcome! Glad to have you on board.
Make sure you stake your holdings on a self-custodial wallet, like Keplr or a cold wallet. That way you help to secure the network and there were some juicy airdrops in the past for stakers.
Get acquainted with the [ecosystem](https://cosmos.network/ecosystem/apps/). Learn what a layer 0 chain is what [IBC](https://tutorials.cosmos.network/academy/4-ibc/what-is-ibc.html) does.
Vote on governance proposals.
Last but not least: enjoy the atmosphere! The Cosmos subs are friendly and helpful in general.Sunday, August 21st, 2022 at 16:49 #358978pizza-chit
Most people here buy and stake the major network coins so they will qualify for airdrops of new projects. ATOM, JUNO, OSMO, SCRT, EVMOS. Don’t stake with a CEX validator or one that charges 100% commission. ATOM is like the Bitcoin of the Cosmos ecosystem (safest bet). Osmosis is the primary DEX but there are others that are great, like Junoswap.
r/CosmosAirdrops keeps a great list of upcoming airdrops and how to qualify for them.
-Keplr wallet interacts best with Cosmos and usually offers the highest staking rewards.
-If you want to gamble, take a look at Gelotto.
-Stargaze is the primary NFT platform for Cosmos.
-No Dev will ever contact you here so if you get a DM from someone trying to help, its probably a scammer.
-Most coins start out with a high APR% to incentivize early adopters but it gets reduced with time and as more gets staked.
Good luck and welcome aboard, Cosmonaut!Sunday, August 21st, 2022 at 16:49 #358979realredsteel
Welcome to the community! Maybe start doing your own due diligence on what’s arguably the Big 5 of the ecosystem which are JUNO, OSMO, EVMOS, SCRT and of course ATOM. Then, do some reading on interchain accounts and interchain security. Also, if you don’t know yet, airdrops to stakers is a regular thing here in the Cosmos ecosystem and there are a ton of great projects coming out soon. So I highly suggest you take your ATOM out off exchanges and stake them. Try using Keplr or Leap wallet.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → I INVITE EVERYBODY TO BOOST IT TODAY!!!! LETS EVERYBODY BUY SOME COINS AND MAKE IT BOOM!!!
- → Moving Atom off Coinbase Pro – ‘Invalid Atom address’
- → I started investing into ATOM like a month ago and just yesterday people started talking really negative shit about atom 2.0, is it time to back off? How do y’all fell long term after ATOM 2.0, JUNO, OMOS