- This topic has 9 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 months, 1 week ago by no_choice99.
- Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 21:27 #344335magus-21Participant
|Governance Period|Committed Algos|Governors|Average Algos per Governor|
|1|1.708 billion|50,099|34,094.9 Algos/gov|
|2|2.813 billion|37,223|75,583.1 Algos/gov|
|3|3.543 billion|35,466|99,898.5 Algos/gov|
|4|3.989 billion|33,564|118,856.9 Algos/gov|
On top of that, the total amount of Algos owned by the top 10 has mostly increased (except for Gov Period 4, curiously). That said, the percentage of the committed Algos owned by the top ten has been decreasing.
|Wallet Rank|Gov Period 1|Gov Period 2|Gov Period 3|Gov Period 4|
|% of Total|37.5%|28.3%|24.8%|20.6%|
Anyone else think these are worrying trends? It seems like it’s become more and more whale-dominated.Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 21:27 #344336forrestugly
the percentage is going down, so it is less and less dominated by whalesSunday, July 24th, 2022 at 21:27 #344337purepr00f
Governance started after the peak of the market cycle so it would be natural to see fewer people involved and more algos placed in to governance as the price decreases. You should compare algo amount in USD lockedSunday, July 24th, 2022 at 21:27 #344338M00ntoshi
It’s actually a good sign, it means whales have been accumulating and aren’t leaving the project unlike smaller bagholders who have been selling their alts due to the bear market.
The shrimp will flock to wherever the whales are when the bear market ends …Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 21:27 #344339w00tangel
Nothing to worry about. I’ve just been buying a lot of ALGO and distorting the stats.Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 21:27 #344340KilzzoneXD
Oo I was under the impression it was the reverse. Following thisSunday, July 24th, 2022 at 21:27 #344341kirtash93
One day I will be one of those whales.Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 21:27 #344342pp_conisuer
Let’s hope it evens out for ALGOSunday, July 24th, 2022 at 21:27 #344343Bucksaway03
So many people forget to vote as well.Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 21:27 #344344no_choice99
Big whales have split their wallet(s) into more wallets, now (4th gov). They apparently realized that this would allow them to partly withdraw from governance.
Binance did not realize this in the 3rd governance, and had to withdraw during the gov. period (coz people withdrew enough algorand from binance). This was the largest or 2nd largest wallet that withdrew in that period.
In gov period 4, we saw 2 big wallets withdrawing at the same time (a single whale who may own more than 2 wallets).
But yes, whales are fucking with our rewards, I have been saying this since gov 2. It’s not that there are more people into algorand, it’s just a pack of a few whales that fuck our rewards. I’ve been saying that since many months.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → 4.1 Billion ALGO out of 6.95 Billion ALGO circulating supply have been committed to Algorand Governance Period 4. If you missed out, don’t worry! Algorand Governance runs until 2030 and the next governance period starts October 1st! Cheers to all the ALGovernors! I go, You go, We ALGO.
- → At the moment there are more ALGOs locked that the circulating supply: 755 M ALGOs in Defi, 2.5B validating and 4B in Governance = 7.2B Vs ≈ 7B circulating supply. (I know the Governance data isn’t accurate bc people are looping but still I think it’s kinda impressive)
- → The Voting Window for the 4th Period of Algorand Community Governance closes today. A reminder to all eligible Governors to vote before the window closes at 11:59:59 pm SGT time.
- → Close to 40 percent of Algorand’s 2nd period governors just dropped out — here’s why
- → Algorand Governance Non-Fungible Tokens by Pera now available for all those who voted in Governance Period 2 [Crypto News]
- → Reminder: Algorand Governance Period #3 starts in 2 days 1 hour. If you’re unfamiliar, here are some FAQ to get you up to speed. Come be part of the Algorand Community and help shape its future and get rewards in the process!
- → Algogems Governance: Period 2 & Period 3 – P3 Staking open till August 15th – Announcements
- → It’s funny that I see significantly fewer impressions, views, and growth on social media in this period.
- → 50 years old got into crypto around Febuary this year . Ive been using my algo wallet and doing governance. This governance will be my first time doing defi . I want something simple to capture the advantage this period but nothing risky would love to hear my options
- → Algorand Governors Hat: Governor #8 Report and Search for Governor #9
- → Algorand Governance Period 3 sign-up window is now open. Vote on changes to the protocol and earn rewards (10%+ APY) [Crypto News]
- → Algorand Governance Period 3 – Vote Now Complete
- → ARE PAID YET? — NO! • ARE PAID YET? — NO! • ARE PAID YET? — NO! — Algorand Distribution Wallet address for Governance Staking Period 3:
- → Algorand Governance NFTs by Pera | Period 3 NFTs Have Launched 🌈🍕💎🐂
- → Algorand Governance Voting Power Centralization – Period 4