- This topic has 10 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 months, 1 week ago by maticiswank.
- Thursday, March 31st, 2022 at 15:50 #205232DaddySkatesParticipant
The ECON & LIBE committees of the EU Parliament voted in favour of the FTR compromises D & E that crack down on so called unregulated or unhosted wallets. Entire regulation draft will be voted on later today, but the whole thing is definitely going to happen.
According on Patrick Hansen on Twitter: The Left, S&D, Greens, Renew have voted in favour while the PPE, ID, ECR mostly voted against.
This is a major hit for crypto and I can see massive corrections across the market. Meanwhile exchanges are screaming in joy because they will be getting a massive influx of crypto.
This is not the way to go with adoption. It’s one step forward and two steps back.Thursday, March 31st, 2022 at 15:50 #205233Erdi99
When people vote on stuff they don’t understandThursday, March 31st, 2022 at 15:50 #205234Novel-Counter-8093
wtf is an unregulated wallet? an off exchange wallet?Thursday, March 31st, 2022 at 15:50 #205235Wonzky
SighThursday, March 31st, 2022 at 15:50 #205236pixelstacker
And how will they enforce a ‘crack down’ on unhosted wallets? I don’t really see how they can.Thursday, March 31st, 2022 at 15:50 #205237Laughingboy14
It’s not perfect, but the market has weathered far, far worseThursday, March 31st, 2022 at 15:50 #205238maticiswank
Would this effect the uk has it’s no longer in the EU?Thursday, March 31st, 2022 at 15:50 #205239NumericNightmare
Now i know why im going the non cool direction in the graph lolThursday, March 31st, 2022 at 15:50 #205240Maxx3141
And again EU voted against technological progress to further distance us from the rest of the world. Amazing.
Long live the fax machine.Thursday, March 31st, 2022 at 15:50 #205241SemperBavaria
Let them try, they’ll fail anyway. Crypto was and always will be decentralized.
While the 1% still can wiggle their way around money laundering laws, they’ll do everything to not lose their cashcows.
Let them try to fight the internet…Thursday, March 31st, 2022 at 15:50 #205242maticiswank
The eu parliament is full of shit
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → The ECON & LIBE committees of the EU Parliament voted in favor of the FTR compromises D & E that crack down on “unhosted” wallets.
- → EU Parliament’s decision on “Unhosted Wallets” today
- → Cointelegraph reports it will be hard to crack $120. That aged well… https://cointelegraph.com/news/solana-price-up-50-in-two-weeks-but-here-s-why-120-will-be-hard-to-crack