- This topic has 8 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 month, 4 weeks ago by Nickel62.
- Wednesday, July 27th, 2022 at 10:49 #345491metamecParticipant
EU Banking Regulator Worries It Can’t Find the Staff to Regulate Crypto: Report | Currency NewsWednesday, July 27th, 2022 at 10:49 #345492keeprollin420
The European Union’s banking regulator is worried about how it will enforce new crypto rules that are expected to take effect by 2025, according to the Financial Times.
European Banking Authority Chair José Manuel Campa said the agency does not yet have the capacity to supervise digital assets.
“My concern is more about making sure the risk we have identified … is properly managed. If we don’t do as well as we should have, we’ll have to live with the consequences,” he said.Wednesday, July 27th, 2022 at 10:49 #345493joshlambonumberfive
They can’t even regulate banking so stick to your lane bozosWednesday, July 27th, 2022 at 10:49 #345494memestarbotcom
I’d guess that people who know about the technical aspects of crypto wouldn’t want to work for a banking regulator.Wednesday, July 27th, 2022 at 10:49 #345495Castr0-
I can do that. Sure will do it better than some dinossaurs that never use it.Wednesday, July 27th, 2022 at 10:49 #345496Harold838383
That’s alright, don’t worry about it thenWednesday, July 27th, 2022 at 10:49 #345497Cw_Alker
Correction, there are qualified people, we just don’t want to pay what they’re worth for their talentsWednesday, July 27th, 2022 at 10:49 #345498Blooberino
Then don’t.Wednesday, July 27th, 2022 at 10:49 #345499Nickel62
Maybe EU banking regulators need to focus on stopping Euro from slowly sliding into abyss.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → All Terraform Labs Staff Subpoenaed as Investigations Ramp Up, Report [Crypto News]
- → 1.7 billion people globally are unbanked. Main reasons: 1) developing nations, lack of banking/tech infrastructure 2) lack of trust in the banking industry. [Crypto News]
- → IMF Worries Russian Sanctions Could Increase Crypto Adoption And Weaken Dollar’s Dominance [Crypto News]
- → Regulator in Canada Warns Crypto Exchanges Not to Promote Self-Custodial Wallets: Report
- → Stop Celebrating Russia for recognizing Crypto as Currency: Crypto will only be traded by the Banking System, Transaction Outside it are Illegal and you need a License to Accept Crypto Payments
- → Crypto exchange Binance registers with France crypto regulator, advances European plans [Crypto News]
- → In a World where banks rule and create money out of thin air through fractional reserve banking, how will crypto currency play a role? What incentive do these banks have to get rid of the fiat system? I see a list of crypto currencies that will be pushed through the ISO 20022.
- → IMF Head Foresees the End of Banking and the Triumph of Cryptocurrency. BTC “puts a question mark on the fractional banking model we know today.”
- → SEC nearly doubles crypto unit staff to crack down on abuses in the booming market [Crypto News]
- → BlockFi is cutting its headcount by 20%, Crypto.com by 5%, Gemini are also cutting staff [Crypto News]
- → Staff at crypto operator Terraform Labs hit with flight ban | Financial Times [Crypto News]
- → US Markets Regulator Sues Crypto Exchange Gemini Over Alleged Violations Regarding BTC (BTC) Futures Product [Crypto News]
- → Crypto.com Wins License Approval To Offer Payment Services From Singapore Regulator [Crypto News]
- → Has this situation happened before: a government regulator sues a company over alleged wrongdoing, and thus the price of an assett (stock/currency/ commodity/derrivative) related to the lawsuit is surpressed?
- → At 4PM EST the Digital Currency Traders Alliance will be hosting an AMA to talk about what we are doing to prevent government overreach and ensure consumer privacy as the government begins to regulate crypto.