- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 month, 1 week ago by rowsebay.
- Tuesday, July 5th, 2022 at 11:26 #326764rowsebayParticipant
A key issue with getting a spot ETF is that spot pricing for BTC may be easily manipulated (since exchanges aren’t perceived as robustly regulated)
What is a fair way to quote the price of the fair exchange rate of BTC-USD? What best practices should exchanges adopt in the public interest?
Here’s some of my concerns
– 1. You can’t set a minimum order size lower than a satoshi, so limiting pricing to huge lots like 100 BTC as happens in Stocks and ETFs is *out*.
– 2. It shouldn’t be considerably more manipulable in periods of lower volume, there should be some period over which it’s not feasible for a small group to control the headline number by spoofing the orderbook.
… so maybe some sort of order-book-median running average, weighted by on-chain volume, where periods of “real-exchange” carry more weight than “virtual-exchange” – volume, since that type of trade may not be subject to appropriate fees?
I don’t know, what do you guys think?
– Did I miss any pricing concerns?
– Are there better solutions?
– Have exchanges begun adopting any such practices?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → In 2021, the SEC went after crypto. In 2022, crypto is coming for the SEC. Ripple has started to rack up procedural court victories as it fends off the SEC in a case that could redefine how the agency polices digital assets In 2021, the SEC went after crypto. In 2022, crypto...
- → I spent 4 days brainstorming all the possible outcomes for the short term price. I come to realize that it’s all pointless. I have some crypto, I’ve been having it for more...
- → BTC has just undone a month’s worth of decline in 24 hours; this is why the crypto market is so entertaining It never closes and that’s probably where the obsession lies...
- → I think its so entertaining to watch how fast “crypto influencers” on Twitter change their sentiment the moment we get a small pump like today. MMcrypto, The Moon Carl, Lark Davis and all similar crypto...
- → StackOs Entertaining Metaverse $STACK #StackOS the fastest-growing #DeCloud ecosystem!🔥There are nearly 1600 projects...