- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago by castorfromtheva.
- Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 15:56 #344220ThomasHasThomasParticipant
Im thinking about installing Electrum wallet and use it to confirm BTC transactions – e.g. instal one wallet on my old computer which is NOT and will NOT ever more by connected to the internet. Thats the “main wallet/transaction signing”. And then install the “watching only” wallet on my normal/current PC that is connected to the internet.
I assume you all are common with this setup…? My question is, will it work if both computers have different operating systems installed? The offline computer with the signing wallet has windows 7 (64bit) and my online computer (“watching only wallet”) has windows 10 (64 bit) operating system… This setup can work right? It doesnt matter that each computer has different OS installed?
Correct?Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 16:11 #344221castorfromtheva
> It doesnt matter that each computer has different OS installed?
Correct. But it’s recommended to run the same Electrum version on both machines, of course.
More details on Electrum cold storage:
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → Any electrum user here? Can I add 2fa to an already existing electrum wallet?
- → Cant make a mobile watch only wallet on android from Electrum PC wallet
- → If I recover my corn on a different wallet (i.e. Trezor -> Electrum), does the original wallet still have the ability to add to the total stack?
- → Help+reward! Restore Electrum wallet from 24-word seed phrase
- → What is the best exchange where I can buy BTC, preferably anonymously, and quickly transfer it to a wallet like electrum?
- → BRD wallet is a mess! any help how to restore funds to electrum?
- → BTC newbie: someone managed to get into my electrum wallet and empty it. How? and how to prevent?
- → Creating a Multisig Wallet with zpub/zpriv keys in Electrum.
- → Coins were stolen from personal wallet (electrum) – was able to find an exchange address that the culprit uses – best course of action to take from there?
- → Seed and offline electrum wallet [Image]
- → Today, I’m celebrating my first Satoshi Cold wallet. (Tails OS + Electrum) [Image]
- → Question regarding setting up electrum hardware wallet.
- → Is it considered safe to generate BTC wallet keys using Electrum on Tails OS?
- → I have now delegated my wallet to a pool, what does redelegate mean now? I thought as soon as I send new ada to my wallet it is delegated automatically, so my entire wallet amount is always delegated, also didn’t see an option where you could delegate only a limited amount from a wallet..?
- → Any multi currency wallets that work like electrum