- This topic has 4 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 month, 3 weeks ago by kirtash93.
- Friday, August 5th, 2022 at 17:27 #349832partymslParticipant
The first country to adopt BTC as a legal tender, El Salvador, has just released a report that since adopting crypto they have seen a +82.8% surge in tourism and a +10.8% rise in GDP. Now many bitcoin maxis may be saying that its all just because of BTC. Certainly something of that is but mostly its not.
BTC’s adoption happened right during Covid lockdowns and fears. So it’s obvious that tourism was low back the and now out of this fear it picking up pace again. Eventhough i would say that there are indeed quite a ton of people who just visited El Salvador because of the adoption. But that’s certainly not all of the 82.8% increase.
It’s likely that BTC did not make El Salvador to a “golden” country or so but it did neither make them lose too much. We are still way too early to tell the actually conclusions out of this adoption.Friday, August 5th, 2022 at 17:27 #349833BB-NL
The increase is compared to what? During Corona?Friday, August 5th, 2022 at 17:27 #349834Nuewim
If I would have more money I definitely would at least visit El Salvador, maybe even consieder moving there if situation in europe will getting worse.Friday, August 5th, 2022 at 17:27 #349835na3than
>So it’s obvious that tourism was low back the and now out of this fear it picking up pace again.
Does the report claiming 82.8% growth in tourism say which year is used for the baseline of this analysis?Friday, August 5th, 2022 at 17:27 #349836kirtash93
If those numbers are compared with corona times… everything will look awesome.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → El Salvador’s acceptance of BTC as a legal tender explodes tourism growth. Is BTC the reason for El Salvador’s explosive tourism growth?
- → El Salvador’s tourism increases by 30% since BTC law. The demographics of tourism has also changed, with 60% of tourists coming from the US.
- → Even though we’re in a dip, after learning a lot about the metaverse today I now fully believe crypto is the future and we’ve barely seen how high the crypto market can go
- → El Salvador Tourism Reignited by BTC Legal Tender Adoption [Crypto News]
- → After El Salvador adopting BTC as its legal tender, I think that we’re about to see a big increase in the numbers of crypto credit cards.
- → El Salvador Treasury Minister Alejandro Zelaya angrily rejects IMF demand to drop BTC as legal tender, “We are a sovereign nation. No international organization is going to make us do anything, anything at all!”
- → Tourism in El Salvador up 30% since BTC adoption, minister says
- → El Salvador Keeps Winning as BTC Law Boosts Country’s Tourism Industry by 30%
- → Tourism Explodes in El Salvador Thanks to BTC
- → El Salvador’s tourism rises 30% after BTC became legal tender
- → Let’s settle the “BTC isn’t backed by anything and USD is backed by the GDP” statement once and for all
- → Imagine buying anything that you want with Sol. You don’t need a visa card nor anything related to online payment. Only a biometric eye code to unlock and purchase anything using AI. What an utopia!
- → El Salvador’s GDP Soars By Double Digits For The First Time In Its History
- → Nepal is shutting down all crypto websites and blocking their IP. Foolish decision as tourism is the #1 revenue in the country and many travellers could eagerly spend crypto. Thailand is attracting tourists with crypto, while Nepal is shooting itself in the foot
- → After Adopting BTC, Central African Republic Set to Build a Crypto Hub [Crypto News]