- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 3 months, 1 week ago by VLADIMIROVIC_L.
- Wednesday, June 22nd, 2022 at 18:29 #316498VLADIMIROVIC_LParticipant
My understanding is that whoever is in control over it could point the proxy towards completely new logic. That basically gives absolute power over it.
If that is the case then why does a dapp like Aave has such problems coordinating users to it‘s V3? Couldn’t they in the end even enforce the update on anyone?
Or am I missing something?
The other open thing I don’t understand is what happens when old logic has caused a lot of data to be stored on the proxy (data is stored on the proxy right ?), then what happens if the proxy runs out of storage? AFAIK storage space is limited for each smart contract.
Not talking about storage clashes and stuff like that here….
Thanks in advance for any help!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → Couldn’t get kado money ramp to work so I thought I might delete my account and my payment info, might as well not have that info out there I thought in case they get hacked. Won’t let me delete bank accounts, I don’t see how to delete my account. What might you try?
- → I want to write a contract that pays MATIC for burning NFT. I have no knowledge of how to make, build and deploy contracts, but I do have strong programming background and rough understanding of blockchain, smart contracts and NFTs. What the best way to start learning?
- → I guess everyone here knows the guy called MATT WALLACE aka Finalstand, self-proclaimed Doge-Youtuber. The Dogecoin-Community has called him out for the whole week because he promotes one rugpull after the other, right now he tries to set up a new scammcoin called “AcceptCrypto”, be aware…
- → Create your own ERC or BEP (20) Cryptocurrency Token – deploy Smart Contracts for your own web3 Coin / Token
- → Who is msg.sender when contract calls another contract’s function?
- → How do I deploy a contract as a transaction with the initcode of a contract I want to copy?
- → Crypto wont delete fiat from existence just like fiat didnt delete gold and silver.
- → Binance.US has just quietly removed their “delete account” feature. You can no longer delete your account from the settings…only “disable account” is available now.
- → Isn’t proxy contract a big problem?
- → Is the proxy contract a red flag for a DeFi project?
- → ProviderError: Error: Transaction reverted: function selector was not recognized and there’s no fallback function
- → if contracts cant be modified or deleted wont the outdated/dead/whatever contracts just start pilling up? wont that be an issue when most of the contract would be just those? im noob btw
- → Cardano Upgrade increases the number of smart contracts on the blockchain by almost 3,000 Is Cardano upgrade improving smart contracts smart contract capabilities?
- → Solana Deploy: Error: Custom blockhash deploy
- → Interesting and novel: an Ethereum-based blockchain platform called Non-Fungible Token Worlds can run Minecraft (which has 170M users every month) on Switch, Xbox, PlayStation and PC consoles to integrate with the so-called metaverse and blockchain space.