- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 months ago by SamsungGalaxyPlayer.
- Wednesday, June 22nd, 2022 at 19:45 #316532frunf1Participant
I was wondering how I can actually view the balance of my paperwallet without getting it online.
I always thought it is possible with the view key. With that I can watch it but it’s impossible to transfer anything.
But now it came to my knowledge that with the view key I can only see incoming transactions.
Meaning that my wallet could have been already emptied by a hostile entity. :O :O
How can I actually check the balance?Wednesday, June 22nd, 2022 at 19:45 #316533SamsungGalaxyPlayer
You need to have access to the wallet at some point to save the key images also, after receiving all the funds in the wallet. You can import these into the view-only wallet to see the full balance. If someone hypothetically emptied the wallet, you would see an error message when importing the key images saying `(Some owned outputs have missing key images – import_key_images needed)`
This would only work if you weren’t transferring future XMR to the same address without exporting the key images from it each time.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → Paperwallet where store my ETH?
- → Cheapest USD>XMR options outside of Kraken? Would consider fiat>other crypto>XMR.
- → Looking for XMR liquidity providers that still haven’t disabled XMR withdrawals
- → THORchain x MONERO – why no help from xmr devs for native XMR on a dex?
- → Hey Guys, I’m new in Monero and installed the cake wallet. Where can i buy xmr now? Is there a wallet in which I can buy xmr? Thanks!
- → why is there 2 different addresses on the btc recovery sheet. one has a balance and the other doesn’t. And I can’t seem to get access to the one with balance.
- → Why is my balance on my staked Cardano higher than my overall balance?
- → Cash app activating lightning is the biggest game changer. It is the tipping point. Exponentially accelerating adoption begins now.
- → When staking with a validator on Phantom wallet(or any other) how long does it usually take to change status from “activating” to “staking”?
- → Need Help – Kiln Validators not Activating
- → Activating Pera wallet account on myAlgo, seed phrase not working
- → WARNING: XMR QR code generator site swaps out your address for another. Always manually check addresses on your wallet after scanning QRs!
- → Damn… Polygon lack of balance/allowance check fixed. $2.2M payout to whitehat.
- → Why am I able to see my balance and control my wallet in both Yoroi and Daedlus and can I carry on using both at the same time without any issues ?
- → How to check Anchor Protocol whether it is scam or official? Can I check with last block on finder terra money?