- This topic has 9 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 months ago by Al_Zik1.
- Thursday, March 31st, 2022 at 21:52 #205964partymslParticipant
As we are entering a face of regulation and governments are finally looking at the success and possible danger of Crypto against their system. They are trying to build their own Crypto, a so-called Central Bank Digital Currency. Well already the name says how dumb it is and how many dumb people invented it.
At the end of the day, no matter how much they invest into it, it just won’t be anywhere near the success of even our shitcoins, and that says a lot. We had a try before where a centralized organization tried to copy Crypto in a opposite way, Facebooks diem and we all know how that went. (struggling to sell the project)
The main point is that those people trying to copy Crypto to control people will fail. Because the whole idea of Crypto is decentralization, that’s the main goal, no one will ever buy a CBDC. May just very well buy gold over it.Thursday, March 31st, 2022 at 21:52 #205965TruthSeeekeer
The Government can force stuff onto usThursday, March 31st, 2022 at 21:52 #205966Fragmented_Logik
I think CBDCs have a use case just not for those already into crypto.
CBDCs will be designed for those that believe crypto is a pure scam. A government fully regulated one? That’s like all the benefits of crypto minus all the risk to them.Thursday, March 31st, 2022 at 21:52 #205967BlubberWall
They won’t buy a CBDC like they don’t buy USD. If the government issues it any banks give out loans with it people will use itThursday, March 31st, 2022 at 21:52 #205968Jxntb733
Unless they force it on all of us….Thursday, March 31st, 2022 at 21:52 #205969Fireflyfanatic1
Doesn’t have to be successful if your forced to use it….Thursday, March 31st, 2022 at 21:52 #205970Wonzky
Don’t think it’s trying to be a cryptoThursday, March 31st, 2022 at 21:52 #205971really_that_one
There won’t be a choice. Your employer will want to pay you using CBDC because that’s how they will be paid and it will be a hassle and cost for them to use other mechanisms. Businesses will stop accepting non CBDC payments and/or will offer additional services based on CBDC data. It’s like cash is now – good luck trying to get your employer to pay you in cash these daysThursday, March 31st, 2022 at 21:52 #205972BakedPotato840
>A highly centralized organization just can’t make a successful Crypto.
Ever heard of BNB and CRO?Thursday, March 31st, 2022 at 21:52 #205973Al_Zik1
CBDC will likely been forced to be used.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → An extremely fascinating power point presentation given by MIT economics professors to the Bank of Brazil on the uses, benefits and costs of CBDCs and the technology behind them. A very interesting read, highly recommended for anyone interested in what a CBDC would look like.
- → This is why crypto and decentralization always fail and will always fail
- → New technical paper: “Overall, we can deduce that the Lightning Network is highly centralized.”