- This topic has 7 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 week, 1 day ago by Old_beercan76.
- Thursday, September 22nd, 2022 at 22:34 #380133TNGSystemsParticipant
Cardano’s newest upgrade in the Basho (scaling) era is the Vasil upgrade, named after the late Bulgarian mathematician Vasil Dabov who was a respected member of the Cardano community.
##What does the Vasil upgrade do?
The key component of the upgrade is to make Cardano’s transaction sizes smaller. In layman’s terms, previous transactions were filled with some fluff which bogged down the available space in each block. With the Vasil upgrade, each transaction takes up less space and therefore more of them can fit into blocks. This also makes running different types of Smart Contracts a lot easier than before, which was one of the main complaints from developers.
This is because of ‘reference scripts’ where a transaction can include a reference to a script on a previous transaction, thus preventing the same code being written into multiple transactions.
It’s important to note that while the upgrade was executed without issue, it’s because of extensive testing. Earlier this Summer, a critical flaw was found and it was uncertain whether it could be fixed in time for the previously scheduled deployment of the Vasil upgrade.
One more thing to remember is that this won’t be a snap-of-the-fingers speed upgrade for Cardano, the Smart Contract developers must also upgrade their code too – however, a majority of developers have already signaled readiness for the Vasil hard fork so we should see some good improvements soon.
And to get in before everyone else (phrasing), yes, the Vasil hardfork is like adding Vasiline to the Cardano network. I’ll see myself out!Thursday, September 22nd, 2022 at 22:34 #380134GreekBastardo
Ada, dot moons to the moonThursday, September 22nd, 2022 at 22:34 #380135goncalo899
It’s nice to see cardano building and improving!Thursday, September 22nd, 2022 at 22:34 #380136Harold838383
Go Ada! Still bullishThursday, September 22nd, 2022 at 22:34 #380137DadofHome
Does it mean more 🚀emojis , because if it means more 🚀emojis im excited .Thursday, September 22nd, 2022 at 22:34 #380138erpetao
Did anyone hear the end of the conversation? One guy took over and they had to end the transmission.
Go to the last minute.Thursday, September 22nd, 2022 at 22:34 #380139GibsonJ45
At the very least it means ten more identical posts about it here.
Cardano!Thursday, September 22nd, 2022 at 22:34 #380140Old_beercan76
#Broadcasting live from warm sunny Colorado!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → Cardano successfully deployed Vasil hard fork on testnet and expected to be upgraded on mainnet in 4 weeks, I am holding a large amount of ADA and I am pretty confident with that
- → Is Cardano finally initiating a Vasil hard fork? Cardano Blockchain initiates anticipated Vasil hard fork for the Cardano test net
- → what’s the current status on the Vasil hardfork upgrade?
- → Vasil HFC deployed on Cardano. Good luck all, lets build.
- → Cardano activity ramps up as Vasil hardfork nears | It is scheduled for June 2022 and guarantees to help scale the protocol and dramatically increase its transaction throughput, , and with it, volume and liquidity. [Crypto News]
- → Cardano Delays Vasil Hardfork Due to Pending Bug Fixes [Crypto News]
- → Cardano 360 Vasil Hardfork TLDR: “We need a few more weeks…”
- → Cardano Vasil Hardfork Delayed “A Few More Weeks”
- → Thanks to the Vasil Hardfork Cardano will now be able to handle up to 9 TPS
- → So, I have deployed my smart contract already for my NFT collection. Would I be able to add a whitelist function to it even though I have already deployed it?
- → Cardano Upgrade increases the number of smart contracts on the blockchain by almost 3,000 Is Cardano upgrade improving smart contracts smart contract capabilities?
- → Cardano Completes Final Node in Preparation for Vasil Mainnet Upgrade [Crypto News]
- → Many Cardano smart contracts are incompatible with the upcoming Vasil upgrade and will need to be rewritten to benefit.
- → What Vasil upgrade brings to Cardano
- → 22nd September for the #Vasil upgrade on the #Cardano mainnet