- This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 months, 3 weeks ago by rbrunner7.
- Friday, June 17th, 2022 at 19:02 #310904Neat_Gap_9578Participant
Just as the title says. If i were to somehow expose my Private view key could that be used to find my actual wallet key phrase?Friday, June 17th, 2022 at 20:17 #310905sech1
No. Private view key is derived from private spend key through keccak hash which is cryptographically secure/not reversible (unless someone cracks keccak).Friday, June 17th, 2022 at 20:17 #310906rbrunner7
No. The view private key is derived from the spend private key, but you can’t go the reverse way, from the view private key back to the spend private key.
It’s not without problems if somebody holds your view private key, as they key see your incoming transactions with that, but being able to steal your coins is not among those problems.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → I have a private key (not seed phrase) from a wallet. It’s a list of numbers. CLI expects an array of numbers. How do I convert the private key to the format the CLI expects?
- → Ledger and yoroi (or just any cardano software wallet) use different derivation paths to create the private key from the recovery phrase + passphrase (25th word/phrase). Assuming in 50 years Ledger goes out of business, is there any documentation on how to manually derive the correct private key fro
- → i need some dev help with CLI arguments using ignite CLI