- This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 months ago by uncontrollableop.
- Wednesday, July 27th, 2022 at 04:11 #345421NuggedClarpParticipant
[What happened to the 1.2 million raised for the Turpin children? – Article](https://www.ocregister.com/2022/07/08/what-happened-to-the-1-2-million-raised-for-the-turpin-children/)
[System Failures in Turpin Case – Video](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvFDZkN4YSU)
**Over a million dollars raised for the Turpin children went missing.**
If you haven’t heard of the Turpin case, I want to warn you before you go down the rabbit hole because it’s one of the most horrific crime cases I have ever read online. Needless to say, while watching the documentary on YouTube, I found myself disgusted by the suspicious handling of the funds raised for these poor, innocent children.
Which leads me to the point of this post: the best part about BTC is that as soon as someone sends money to a wallet via donation, the wallet address owner instantly has access to do whatever they want with the funds.
The fundraising platforms that were utilized in this case always had a person in charge of the crowdfund and their trust was in them to distribute the donation pool to the family in an honest and ethical manner. Unfortunately, many believe the person in charge, Vanessa Espinoza, is a fraudster due to an [article](https://abcnews.go.com/US/years-rescue-turpin-children-living-squalor-donations-pledges/story?id=81254457) posted in November of 2021 stating some Turpin children are still ‘living in squalor’ despite donations. How are some of them homeless with over a million dollars in donation funds, you ask? Well, supposedly due to ‘accounting delays’. I’m sick of these foundations and authorities holding donated funds for years and years. THAT’S NOT THEIR MONEY. BTC provides a safe and seamless way to donate money directly to the people in need.
Now, in this specific case, it may be irrelevant because you could argue *the Turpin children barely know how to read and write, how are they going accept BTC transactions*? My rebuttal would be that from what we know, some of them seem to be doing incredibly well in this digital age. In fact, Jordan Turpin, the hero who saved her siblings from a living hell, has eclipsed over 750k followers on TikTok and can be seen doing dances with the likes of Charli D’Amelio. BTC is simple enough for her to learn about transactions, share her public address online, and sell her BTC on an exchange. The money would be hers and she could distribute it catering to her family’s needs. But in any case, this story does highlight the flaws of third-party crowdfunding.
The state of California failed these children. Thankfully, BTC is trustless and permissionless which helps prevent this type of financial fraud from occurring.Wednesday, July 27th, 2022 at 04:15 #345422DexterTwerp
What kind of world do we live in? My heart goes out to the Turpin siblings. I hope some day they find comfort, peace, and happiness. They are truly some of the sweetest beings on the planet judging from the interviews they’ve shared online.Wednesday, July 27th, 2022 at 04:29 #345423uncontrollableop
Julian Assange showed the world this use case when wikileaks was cut off from the financial system. This was a major turning point for bitcoin, and then some..
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → ABC News: “Charities struggle to deliver humanitarian aid into Ukraine”. From the article: “Cryptocurrencies donations themselves have emerged as a leading form of aid.”
- → “Several UN departments are now experimenting with blockchain to address climate change, humanitarian aid delivery, and the identity challenges faced by stateless people “
- → Binance to Donate $10M to Ukraine Humanitarian Effort and Launch Crypto-First Crowdfunding Site to Further Help Provide Aid to Ukraine
- → If you would like to donate crypto to support Ukraine, but would rather not give to their government, United Help Ukraine, a nonprofit with a focus on providing medical aid and humanitarian relief is taking ERC20 crypto donations.
- → helpukraine.art has launched an NFT airdrop for the Cardano Community. All funds will be donated to humanitarian aid. It’s time to show the people of Ukraine how big the Cardano community is.
- → Ukraine’s Donetsk miners to raise funds for humanitarian aid through Non-Fungible Token sale
- → Harmony to Award a $1M Prize for Info Relating to $100M Hack [Crypto News]
- → There will NEVER be only 21 million BTCs!
- → Reducing BTCs energy use by 99% (theoretical question)
- → Keep your BTCs in your own wallet
- → CMV: All apps and sites should list BTC totals/costs/balances in sats by default instead of in decimals of whole BTCs
- → How the LBRY case influences the Ripple case
- → Ripple and XRP Lawsuit Face ‘Worst-Case Scenario’ As SEC Moves to Delay Case [Crypto News]
- → Ripple Vs SEC case and LBRY Vs SEC case
- → SEC Seeks Protection for Expert Witness in Ripple Case: Could The Case Be A Factor For The Current Crash?