- This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 month, 3 weeks ago by dantheman2020.
- Friday, August 5th, 2022 at 20:24 #349976Pouch-PHParticipant
The 3rd largest remittance market, The Philippines, receives over $30 Billion per-year primarily driven by “OFWs” (Overseas Filipino Workers). While primarily driven by traditional remittances via Western Union or other similar services to a “Cash Pick-Up counter” in the Philippines, it comes with an average transaction time of 3 days and costs 7% in fees. More Filipinos are turning to bitcoin wallet apps with traditional rails in the Philippines like the [Coins.ph](https://Coins.ph) bitcoin/crypto (shitcoin) wallet, or the newer [Pouch.ph](https://Pouch.ph) lightning wallet.
I’m biased as the founder of [Pouch.ph](https://Pouch.ph). We launched our banking rails just 3 months ago and last month we processed nearly $100,000 USD worth of BTC=>PHP remittances. We are just now working with regulators in the Philippines — One of our most frustrating constraints is the requirement to “KYC” our users (collect Photo Ids) so that they can participate in digital finance — while half of the population does not even have a valid ID!!
To work around this, we have just launched our “Pouch Lite” feature (which works very similarly to Wallet of Satoshi) so that we can continue to support remittances to those without govt-issued IDs.
⚡Try the Lightning Network & get a [“@pouch.ph](mailto:”@pouch.ph)” lightning address, by using Pouch Lite with No KYC:
⚡Connect to our node: [https://amboss.space/node/02343c19a39dd11cfc6f7571f36213dd52fb70ee45ee4074913d43891fb59579b5](https://amboss.space/node/02343c19a39dd11cfc6f7571f36213dd52fb70ee45ee4074913d43891fb59579b5)
⚡Visit our BTC Island community where nearly 100+ hotels/restaurants/etc accept bitcoin/lightning in a concentrated area in the Philippine Island of Boracay: [https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=1RhAWjyThRscnQrkjHhYNR0T3-PAM0k8&hl=en\_US&ll=11.969233725052172%2C121.93207172564215&z=14](https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=1RhAWjyThRscnQrkjHhYNR0T3-PAM0k8&hl=en_US&ll=11.969233725052172%2C121.93207172564215&z=14)
⚡As always, don’t trust custodians with any significant amount of money, especially unlicensed ones like ourselves, self-custody, run your own node, and let’s all fix the money together. Cheers ⚡Friday, August 5th, 2022 at 20:28 #349977Pouch-PH
I’m not good at marketing and I don’t have any trolls/shills to upvote my posts for me so please help a fellow bitcoiner out ♡Friday, August 5th, 2022 at 20:55 #349978dantheman2020
What do you think needs to happen for bitcoin remittances to displace traditional channels?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → Don’t miss out on The Dapper Ape High Society! DAHS is a new & rapidly growing Solana project that creates 3D voxel avatars for metaverse games, such as Sandbox! Their Build An Ape system at mint 2 will let you purchase attributes to customize your ape, level up, and unlock full ecosystem benefits!
- → Calling all store owners in cash-centric economies – You can improve how your customers receive remittances or stack sats!
- → Today, I received .08917624 ETH from staking 200 ETH at 3.26% APY in ETH rewards. It just keeps on growing and growing for as long as I stake and HODL ETH!!! GLTA!!!
- → BTC mints more than 13,000 ‘wholecoiners’ in the past seven days BTC at a rapidly increasing rate.
- → For those who need to see this. In 2011 btc was worth $30. Btc halved in 2012. In 2013 we saw a $1000 btc. Btc halved in 2016. In 2017 we saw a $15,000 btc. Btc halved again in 2020 and we saw a $60,000 btc. 2024 is the next halving. 2025 is gonna be interesting.
- → How to rapidly get your project completely funded through a simple and fast grant process
- → Cardano retail interest is rapidly increasing, on-chain data shows [Crypto News]
- → Are prices going to fall down rapidly, or skyrocket this year?
- → Coinbase Let Traders Buy Crypto, But When It Started To Dip Rapidly(-80%) They Froze Trading and Customers Lost Millions [Crypto News]
- → Good news: The market cap for USDC coin is rapidly approaching Tether’s market cap!
- → We are having rising Crypto prices while the volume is rapidly going down. Yeah, this is no reversal.
- → Crypto exchanges’ trading volume going upward rapidly
- → AVAX price “rapidly rising and falling” because of manipulation?
- → Growing Number Of Regions In The World Turning To BTC As Legal Tender After El Salvador’s Lead! [Crypto News]
- → how fast is btc growing