- This topic has 7 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 months, 2 weeks ago by senfmeister.
- Monday, June 20th, 2022 at 12:51 #314441bought_high_sold_lowParticipant
What are some of the latest, least expensive ways for non-techies like me to adopt bitcoin in our every day lives? Said another way, what are the best current offerings to allow me to have my direct deposit via BTC then be able to spend it directly (even if the merchant doesn’t “accept” bitcoin per se”. Basically looking to works towards living more of a non-fiat life in a fiat-donimated world. Thanks!Monday, June 20th, 2022 at 12:52 #314446Mr_P_Nissaurus
Use it for your long term retirement savings.Monday, June 20th, 2022 at 12:54 #314442Deathstaroperatorguy
CashApp is a great tool if you want to get paid in Bitcoin. You can set up direct deposit and have a percentage of your paycheck automatically converted to bitcoin. You can choose 1% all the way up to 100%.
They also have the lightning network imbedded into the app which allows you make lightning payments to those merchants that accept it.Monday, June 20th, 2022 at 13:03 #314443Deathstaroperatorguy
You are an early adopter of bitcoin. There is not much you can do without paying taxes, or trying to increase your position. Lending it out is not an option for me as it’s too risky, and I don’t want to pay taxes on it for small purchase. The Lummis Bill will hopefully allow us to make small purchases without taxes. Again, we are soooo early on Bitcoin. In the meantime, continue to stackMonday, June 20th, 2022 at 13:20 #314444igadjeed
Bitrefill sells digital gift cards for many retail and other businesses. You can pay with Bitcoin or Lightning BitcoinMonday, June 20th, 2022 at 13:31 #314445whatevvah
Good question and thread. This is helpful to me. Was thinking of what we need to make spending Bitcoin super simple on the merchant and spend side. I like the idea of a plastic card and lightning network. We need a “killer app” that goes viral…something like “Visi Calc” was in the dawn of personal computing.Monday, June 20th, 2022 at 14:18 #314447MMinjin
Use it for payments every where you can.Monday, June 20th, 2022 at 14:23 #314448senfmeister
Strike’s Pay Me In Bitcoin, and PayWithMoon debit cards.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → Looking across social media….the majority of ppl believe crypto is a scam. Algo needs adoption to be successful. How can you have adoption when most think it’s a scam? Most projects are scams on algo and i haven’t seen any real world use cases with adoption. Just hype in third world countries
- → For those who need to see this. In 2011 btc was worth $30. Btc halved in 2012. In 2013 we saw a $1000 btc. Btc halved in 2016. In 2017 we saw a $15,000 btc. Btc halved again in 2020 and we saw a $60,000 btc. 2024 is the next halving. 2025 is gonna be interesting.
- → BTC increases more adoption globally, while Mercado BTC prepares to start operations in Mexico. Is Mercado BTC moving to Mexico?
- → Tesla will NOT be accepting DOGE…. that’s the reality and to pretend that being able to buy some toys or a belt buckle (835 DOGE) in the Tesla Store is the same thing as actual adoption is disingenuous at best. True adoption = being able to buy a Model S or a Cybertruck using DOGE.
- → Wells Fargo says that cryptocurrencies are viable investments that have entered the “hyper-adoption” phase. “Cryptocurrencies have been following an adoption pattern similar to other new advanced technologies, such as the internet”
- → Why would anyone here want quick global adoption? There is not a single blockchain ready for global adoption right now. It would be a clusterfuck for users.
- → Stop comparing Crypto adoption to the internet adoption. They are not completely the same.
- → The 3rd largest BTC whale wallet added another 488 BTC Friday & today at $36.4k for $18M. This wallet bought 16,576 BTC since $69k top, now holds 124,487 BTC with cost basis of $22k per BTC vs 124,391 of Saylor with cost basis of $30k !
- → Early BTC miner recollects mining 5 blocks (250 BTC worth $11m today) with a Pentium processor: he mined 160 BTC per 1kWh and thought BTC was overpriced at 5c, so he dumped his coins for $0.003/BTC.
- → Most People treat BTC as an Investment and agree that they wouldn’t spend it even if they could buy everyday stuff with it. Then what exactly are we expecting from a global adoption of BTC?
- → There are over 10 million BTC addresses with at least 0.01 BTC. This rise points to possible adoption as inflation rates soar [Crypto News]
- → Institutions are continuing to buy BTC even as prices are going up! Microstrategy bought 4,176 BTC while Luna Foundation Guard bought 5,773 BTC this last week. So nearly 10,000 BTC is going into long term HODL!
- → BTC Sharks have Secretly Staked Up 52k BTC Tokens Last Month.Over 50,000 BTC tokens have been added to crypto wallets belonging to BTC whales.
- → If you had invested $10,000 in Gold 10 years ago, you would have today $10,097. If you had invested $10,000 in BTC 10 years ago, you would have today $23M. BTC is not a simple store of value as gold. BTC is far better. BTC is a booster of value. [Image]
- → A series of leading “big men” in the BTC mining industry publicly released BTC – First, the “big” in the mining industry that holds the most BTC today Core Scientific sold 1,125 BTC, followed by Riot Blockchain selling 93% of the mining output…….