- This topic has 16 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 months, 1 week ago by LongjumpingMiddle850.
- Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 00:21 #343951Some1fromRedditParticipant
I feel this notion couldn’t possibly come from anyone knowledge about cryptocurrency.
Sentiments like these come from the “I’ve been in crypto for a year, and I Fomo’d into this cool coin that’s going to explode the market” crowd.
“Cheap gas fees”
Hearing some say BTC will be replaced by cool new coins without any real explanation of how the masses will suddenly drop their bitcoins for Nano Turbo edition is as enlightening as hearing aluminum will replace gold because it’s easier to work with, and cheap.
You can’t just replace a decentralized empire of miners cheered on by the biggest fan base in the cryptomarket out of the blue because it has potential. These things take a lot of time, and convincing. You have to convince everyone that your new shit is the best, And likely half the people already think that new coin is garbage.
So good luck.Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 00:21 #343959johnkzor
i love the title of the subSunday, July 24th, 2022 at 00:21 #343967LongjumpingMiddle850
It is already being slowly overtaken. If Bitcoin gains 20% in a year, ETH gains 25%. Repeatedly.Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 00:21 #343966Harold838383
Btc is the best crypto there is. Decentralised, fixed supply etc. Hard to believe it’s the first oneSunday, July 24th, 2022 at 00:21 #343965MattCrypto420
Got hella aluminium at the family biz – willing to machine it into anything your heart desires if you’ll pay me gold ratesSunday, July 24th, 2022 at 00:21 #343964365Dillweed365
She’s the boss!Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 00:21 #343963WicasaNapayshni
“RadioDoge focuses on using cheap and reliable Radio technology (HF/LoRaWAN) combined with the global Starlink satellite network to enable cheaply deployable, wide scale access to Dogecoin for people outside the reach of traditional internet infrastructure.”Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 00:21 #343962NftSol
Aluminium has kind of replaced gold though in the sense that its used a lot more than gold and in a similar way I think that new coins will replace btc for daily transactions.
At one point aluminium used to be more valuable than gold and the aluminium industry today is still comparable to the gold industry, I think that its quite possible that any coin good enough could overtake btc in marketcapSunday, July 24th, 2022 at 00:21 #343961poloh2o
Aluminum will replace gold thoughSunday, July 24th, 2022 at 00:21 #343960GasFun6366
Alts come and go but BTC is forever.Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 00:21 #343958pyritejet
Keep calm and DCA bitcoinSunday, July 24th, 2022 at 00:21 #343957edrenfro
IBM will never lose market dominance.Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 00:21 #343956Drspaceman1717
Believing Blockbuster Video will ever be replaced by more modern entertainment delivery is silly.Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 00:21 #343955nick83487
I think it is *possible* that ETH flips BTC in 1 or 2 bull runs but I don’t think BTC will ever go away.Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 00:21 #343954VirtualBlake
Honestly other cryptocurrencies don’t even feel like they try to compete with Bitcoin. Instead they try to add additional functionality to the concepts that Bitcoin created. Like with Ethereum and smart contracts.Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 00:21 #343953crossthrows
Not sure I 100% follow this argument. If aluminum could do everything gold does, like for electronics, and be cheaper. Why wouldn’t we use aluminum?Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 00:21 #343952Crunchaucity
Stupidest comparison I’ve heard in months.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → Have you seen that YouTube video where a guy offers people a real 1/10 oz gold coin ($200) or a chocolate candy bar? He told them the gold coin is real and the candy bar is real. Everyone took the $1 candy bar and declined the gold. Is this an indicator of the uphill battle that BTC faces?
- → If you had invested $10,000 in Gold 10 years ago, you would have today $10,097. If you had invested $10,000 in BTC 10 years ago, you would have today $23M. BTC is not a simple store of value as gold. BTC is far better. BTC is a booster of value. [Image]
- → The BTC Cherub, instead of Cupid’s arrow he’s delivering bitcoins. Just some art I did to celebrate classic art with modern tech! Ink, paint and gold leaf. Happy valentine’s people!
- → Mirrored gold? Are there any gold mirror tokens? Like pax gold. I can’t find any
- → Gold Market Cap = 11T. BTC = 0.8T. If BTC replaces Gold, 1 BTC = $400K.
- → BTC and crypto ‘worth nothing’? Move on! BTC aka diamonds and gold are scarce. Only 18 million BTC in total exist. So its and will be even more scarce then gold and diamonds…
- → Hi, i hope to understand a bit more on ledger nano S. i heard that nano s will run out of battery in 5 years time and by then, i need to get a new ledger nano s to replace. Is this true? if so, can i replace nano s with only nano s and not nano x for instance?
- → BTC and other cryptocurrencies won’t totally replace fiat currencies just like paper money didn’t make gold useless. Though unquestionably its strength will be diminished.
- → Which coins outside the top 100 you are still holding and believing?
- → Hey Guys, ive been slowly adding to my ETH and staking it as soon as I get it. Almost got myself 2 ETH staked right now. I just saw something about 2.0 being replaced or rebranded. Is this a bad thing? Would this affect our staked coins or not?
- → Bitfinex whale who previously bought the bottom and sold the top and recently pulled 1000+ BTC worth of buy limit orders has now replaced buy orders worth 2000+ BTC at 36,600-37,900
- → Wife wants me to stop DCA’ing and sell all my BTC then start buying tangible gold and gold miner stocks again. She then showed me the Charlie Munger clip from a few days ago… What should I do?
- → People often use Gold’s market cap as a benchmark for their BTC price targets. How much of Gold’s market cap is from its use purely as a monetary asset?
- → I analyse the 18 coins in Coinbase Venture portfolio from Jan 2021 to today date. $100 invested in each of these 18 coins is worth $22,831 now. Also: NASDAQ is +11% and Gold is -7%.
- → Early BTC miner recollects mining 5 blocks (250 BTC worth $11m today) with a Pentium processor: he mined 160 BTC per 1kWh and thought BTC was overpriced at 5c, so he dumped his coins for $0.003/BTC.