- This topic has 11 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 week, 1 day ago by Ready-Temperature-23.
- Thursday, September 22nd, 2022 at 21:07 #380092dirtyhandsomeParticipant
I’d like to hear from people who are going through their second, third or fourth bear market and what it was like back then? Right now everyone is saying that this time it’s different, this time a *real* crypto winter is going to come along and stay for a few years. I’d like to hear what it was like when the market crashed in the previous years and what did you do with your funds and if you were experienced already or fought with yourself, considering selling it all to cut the losses? Right now it just feels like throwing money down the drain. It stings, but *i want to believe* (Agent Mulder Style) that the bull is gonna come riding in and everything’s going to pay off in the end. But who knows? Would like to hear some stories how you dealt with the anxiety and what it was like to get back in the green and what were your takeaway points from this experience? Thanks!Thursday, September 22nd, 2022 at 21:07 #380093Intelligent_Page2732
Much the same as now, but back than this sub was also alot smaller and less busy.
The mood is kinda the same as back than.Thursday, September 22nd, 2022 at 21:07 #380094Maxx3141
I only gone through 2018/2019, but it was the same stories. There are always some excuses why crypto went up and why it won’t recover. In the pandenic dip everyone was also telling how that would prevent the next bull run. And in the end we have gone through the exact same 4-year-cycle again.
Bear markets don’t change anything fundamentally. If you believe in crypto accumulate. If you don’t, don’t buy.Thursday, September 22nd, 2022 at 21:07 #380095Ethan0307
When the charts go down best way to minimize anxiety is to just leave for a bit out of sight out of mindThursday, September 22nd, 2022 at 21:07 #380096HiCarumba
>Right now everyone is saying that this time it’s different
They said that about the last Bull Market too, and guess what? It wasn’t.
This Bear is gonna be no different from the last.Thursday, September 22nd, 2022 at 21:07 #380097Odysseus_Lannister
Only been through one before and everyone always thinks *its different*. IMO this one is different because we have identifiable reasons why things are going down like war, inflation, supply chain issues, COVID, etc and we don’t know how long it’s going to take to recover from these things. All of our cycle data for cryptos history hasn’t been through global recession yet. The last bear market didn’t necessarily have one thing to yell for sure caused the demise of everything, things just drifted downwards and many didn’t rebound.
Personally I was an idiot and was dreaming of riches after the crazy ness that was winter 2017 and just watched my balance dwindle down. I didn’t overinvest because I was able to live without the money but damn if it didn’t bruise the shit out of my ego. I cut ties with some Alts and made my decision to make ethereum my main holding while acknowledging that my portfolio will also have some BTC at all times.
This last run I forced myself to sell some at predetermined price points and although I didn’t time the tops, locking in gains feels a lot better than having paper gains and then having paper losses.Thursday, September 22nd, 2022 at 21:07 #380098365Dillweed365
Bear markets are less stressful that the bull run. Always want to find the top. I had the experience of a huge drop while I slept so I’m always worried about the drops.Thursday, September 22nd, 2022 at 21:07 #3800991162
Basically always feels the same. Lots of doom and gloom. Lots of sideways. Lots of unexciting times. You just buckle down, DCA if you can afford it, and then try your best to not follow crypto too closely.
When things hear up again, trust me, you’ll hear of it. And they will heat up again. It may not be this month. This year. Or even next. But they will.Thursday, September 22nd, 2022 at 21:07 #380100demomercury
One of the main difference from previous bear periods is that this time the entire world economy is in a difficult situation, not just crypto. It feels it might last longerThursday, September 22nd, 2022 at 21:07 #380101Savik519
Imagine if we dropped to $10k in the next few days. That was 2018 going from $6k to $3k. “The bottom is in! Admantinium unbreakabke support at $6k!” We bounced around for several months at $6k. Then it got fucking destroyed. This sub turned to a ghost town. You’d check it and come back a week later to see only a few new posts. I felt ashamed that I ever bought crypto and couldn’t talk about it, deleted all apps/bookmarks, found new hobbies. It was bleak times.Thursday, September 22nd, 2022 at 21:07 #380102Weirdcrypto
Less people, same cycle.Thursday, September 22nd, 2022 at 21:07 #380103Ready-Temperature-23
Stories? I only have tragedies.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → A balanced portfolio is your best defense against a bear market “DOT and ATOM are two cryptos that could be good to hold during a bear market” (What are your go-to bear market hedges?)
- → Bear Market to Bull Market plan.Are we still in a bear market?
- → We could potentially enter the phase of the bear market where we hit bear exhaustion, due to our higher volatility. And it won’t matter what the stock market does, or if there’s a tsunami. The crypto market will follow the path of least resistance. And that could be up.
- → Surviving like five months of a bear market is not easy at all. But remember the stories and experiences you will gain.
- → People who have been calling this beginning of a bear market what makes you think this is a bear market but not just another May 2021 like correction.
- → With crypto down by 40% in the last 3 months, if this isn’t a bear market, what is a bear market?
- → JP Morgan went from “BTC is going to zero” in the 2018 bear market to “BTC is trading below its value” in the 2022 bear market.
- → People who were here in the last bear market, what coins do you think will flourish after this current bear market?
- → Don’t Mind Bear Market Prices, It’s the Absolute Best Time To Buy Precisely Because Of Bear Market Prices
- → Not really a Bull market, not really a Bear market, more like a Kangaroo market.
- → Market analysis: Are we really in a bear market? Can we still be in a bull market? Here’s what the data says, and what the higher probability is.
- → Accumulating BTC is always hard, whether in a Bear Market or a Bull Market. The key is to ignore the market cycles and focus on the fundamentals of BTC.
- → I don’t mind being in a bear market one bit. Bear with me on this, what do other (young) investors think?
- → I think the bull market is starting. When the general population thinks they know for a fact that crypto will be in a Bear for months and months to come. That tells me we are just leaving the bear.
- → For those who like patterns, they’ll be happy to know that a shorter bear market, and a drop of 74% (with $17K being the bottom), would still put us right in line with previous bear markets. Here’s why…