- This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 months, 1 week ago by Invest07723.
- Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 19:44 #344313Gfoss12Participant
Hi Guys- I succesfully moved my AVAX coins off Coinbase into my AVAX Wallet. I’ve downloaded the Avalanche app on my Ledger Nano. I’m still pretty clueless on where to buy AVAX in the future…? I thought I’d be able to buy from Ledger Live but its not showing up there. Do I need to forever buy from Coinbase and then send to my Avax wallet? Am i missing how i actually tie together the Avax Wallet and Ledger? Thanks in advance…….
Need this info as I’m done with exchanges after I got screwed with A LOT of AVAX stuck on Voyager (potentially forever)…..Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 19:44 #344314mluffy420
Core wallet extension is really, really good with ledger for Avax and Avax NFTsSunday, July 24th, 2022 at 19:44 #344315jcrv___
You need to send AVAX to your Ledger wallet after buying on an exchange **or** you can download the [Core.app](https://Core.app) and buy AVAX directly from the wallet with a debit card using the MoonPay integration. Ledger is compatible with the [Avalanche wallet](https://wallet.avax.network) which allows you to use the AVAX for in your Ledger for staking **and/or** the Core Wallet for a more useful and feature filled experience for DeFi, NFTs, Gaming, or Subnets on Avalanche.Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 19:44 #344316Light5567
meta mask is really nice with ledger; just load it up with some tether or usdc, and you could buy various avax-related things through traderjoe (or just use the internal swap function within mm).Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 19:44 #344317Invest07723
1. Buy AVAX from an exchange. Then send it to your AVAX wallet.
2. I had this issue—-you apparently can’t connect your current AVAX wallet to Ledger. You need to follow the instructions to open an AVAX wallet with your Ledger and send AVAX to that address. Importing a current AVAX wallet to Ledger has not been possible (at least not based on my attempts).
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → I still hold Cardano (ADA) in YOROI-Ledger with my Ledger Nano.. however I noticed that ADA is live supported by ledger, do I still have to keep it in YOROI or can I move it there? Also, I noticed when Added the ADA wallet in Ledger, the amount of ADA in Ledger does not match my YOROI account which
- → Should Ledger Live remain closed when trying to send the fund? In my case, if Ledger Live is running, it always disconnects the Ledger device from Terra Chrome extension with error code 28161
- → Please can somebody say me why Avax is only about another wallet and Not directly on ledger live But Ada and Solana is. How Long we must wait for this. I dont understand the problem because you can Store Many other Smaller Coins there directly But Not Avax 🤷♂️
- → 2nd half of my question. So I got 0,1 btc in 5 each different addresses in ledger since ledger automatically change receiving address(0,5btc in total). Now if I want to send 0,15 btc to another person, how does my ledger prioritize which address to use? Thanks all for your answer
- → I live in UK and use Coinbase Pro how would I invest in Avax? They don’t have a AVAX/GBP option.
- → When will AVAX be available on Ledger live?
- → Adding Luna to Ledger and Ledger Live
- → Polygon nfts stuck… I can’t transfer or sell. I have a ledger and have tried with metamask/ledger live. I am able to unlock but can not sign without error “ must approve assets for trading before creating an order” would really appreciate any help I can get with this. All works well with eth chain.
- → How do you use Ledger with Terra Luna if Ledger Live does not support Terra Luna?
- → SOL on Ledger Live, was on Phantom (through Ledger), what now?
- → Where can I view the latest version number of the cardano Ledger app online without opening Ledger live?
- → Phantom wallet with Ledger a different address than Ledger Live Sol address?
- → Is Ledger Live the only DOT staking option when using a Ledger?
- → What would happen if Ledger went out of business // Ledger Live was discontinued?
- → If I have an existing AVAX wallet is there a way to import it into a ledger Nano X or will it create a new wallet and I have to transfer the coins to the new wallet secured on Ledger?