- This topic has 7 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 weeks ago by Eldeanio100.
- Friday, September 23rd, 2022 at 05:25 #380278Bcold2Participant
I see thousands of them pop up. Many rug. Many die. But some survive. Some even grow big. At what point is an alt considered legitimate? I’m still rather new. I know at one point, BTC was the only one and the coins that came after were considered alts. But now, ETH, BNB, MATIC, etc are all considered legitimate in their own right.
Is it one of those things where popularity becomes undeniable? Even some of the popular ones I see like Safemoon (granted, I don’t know what it really is) still are considered “shitcoins.” Is it about the tokenomics? Popularity? How does it work?Friday, September 23rd, 2022 at 05:25 #380279Kappatalizable
A legitimate use case and a working ecosystem even if it is smallFriday, September 23rd, 2022 at 05:25 #380280pbjclimbing
If it has the words: safe, Inu, Elon, musk, sexy, moon
It is legitFriday, September 23rd, 2022 at 05:25 #380281thegooddocgonzo
IMO, an alt-coin becomes legitimate if they have a solid team, legitimate use-case, and steady development. That being said, there will always be shills who sing its praises and critics who think it’s absolute shit. It’s all subjective really, and I don’t think we’ll see widely recognised legitimacy until crypto moves more into the mainstream and real companies use crypto for the purposes they are designed for.Friday, September 23rd, 2022 at 05:25 #380282lmrj77
When it’s too late to get the gains.Friday, September 23rd, 2022 at 05:25 #380283OsteoRinzai
Even some of the top 20s are shitcoins stillFriday, September 23rd, 2022 at 05:25 #380284bad-crypto-advice
An alt-coin becomes legitimate once a community has decided to adopt it. Once a coin has enough people backing it, it begins to gain momentum. Once it gains momentum, it gains hype, with hype comes profit and credibility. Just look at Safemoon, it’s the gold standard and is used by many today.
LUNC is on a similar trajectory too. Load up while you can, boys and girls!Friday, September 23rd, 2022 at 05:25 #380285Eldeanio100
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → Bitcoins market cap compared to Total Alt Coin market cap (excluding BTC and Eth) show us there is one more push for alt coins.
- → Given the money laundering implications of cryptocurrency and Non-Fungible Token’s have you ever considered the impact on economies of nations traditionally considered hubs for offshore banking and money laundering?
- → In the 1990s the United States labeled and considered “strong cryptography” a weapons “munition” and considered its exportation illegal. It opened criminal investigations against Phil Zimmermann who created and uploaded a free and open source software to encrypt and sign messages called PGP
- → How does one find out if a trading platform is legitimate?
- → Does anyone know of any legitimate, major humanitarian/ relief organizations that have a public wallet/ address posted?
- → Is it possible for other alt L1s to become ETH L2?
- → When Shibarium and the Shibaverse launch, will we still be considered a meme coin??
- → What would guys considered a Meme/Shit coin?
- → Growth Coin? (A growth coin, not GRW coin)
- → Does Cardano run the risk of being considered (by SEC) “centralized” since a centralized entity controls the hard fork combinator?
- → Which alt coin do you think will be as popular as BTC and ETH?
- → How to finance gas-fees for my own alt-coin?
- → You Alt coin group’s sentiment?
- → ALT coin plays this bear market. My choices: Chainlink, Algorand, Atom and Quant and why.
- → Alt season is on: Polygon launch of the native Cronos MMF coin raises almost $130 million in 24 hours – oversubscribed by 12,880.49%