- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 3 months, 2 weeks ago by Thanatos_1.
- Sunday, August 21st, 2022 at 08:13 #358713thisispedro4realParticipant
at first i wanted to choose a hardware wallet and decided to go with the btc only edition of bitbox.
but then i was intrigued to use an offline laptop with tails, since i already have both here, and get a raspberry pi full node, too..
but what would you recommend to the not so tech-savvy people like my wife in case i die? i’d guess that takes me back to the bitbox, right?
thanks a lotSunday, August 21st, 2022 at 08:24 #358714Thanatos_1
If running live linux systems is too much to ask, then you could prepare a video guide on how to use a dedicated laptop or tablet as offline-device. Electrum is available for Android from the Google Play store, or as APK-package from electrum.org, and as far as I know, BlueWallet is compatible with Electrum seeds too, should you want to get an iPad for that purpose.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → My friends and I want a cold wallet, but we’re concerned that our country’s customs officer will tamper with the device (they always freely open it). Does resetting the cold wallet after they’ve been tampered makes them safe to use? Or are there some advanced tamper chips that will survive resets
- → Reminder about Cold Wallets: NEVER EVER enter your seed phrase ANYWHERE except INTO THE COLD WALLET. And ONLY if you’re RESTORING the wallet
- → Aside from Ledger and Nano Hardware wallets, are there any cold storage wallets currently under development that supports ETH? Are there new features and inventions in the cold storage wallet industry?