- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 3 months ago by d13co.
- Sunday, August 21st, 2022 at 14:10 #358926d13coParticipant
Algorand Governance Voting Power Centralization – Period 4.
What are your thoughts?Sunday, August 21st, 2022 at 14:10 #358927d13co
We wrote up a detailed analysis of whale wallets in Period 4 #Algorand #Governance:
– the top 37 individual “whale” wallets*: control vote/50% of rewards
– wallets* with over 1 million ALGO commitment: 86% of vote/rewards
* these exclude Folks Finance
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → 4.1 Billion ALGO out of 6.95 Billion ALGO circulating supply have been committed to Algorand Governance Period 4. If you missed out, don’t worry! Algorand Governance runs until 2030 and the next governance period starts October 1st! Cheers to all the ALGovernors! I go, You go, We ALGO.
- → The biggest problem with measure 1 wasn’t double voting power, it was using TVL as a weight metric, something that includes ASA’s and NFT’s. Meaning eventually actual Algo’s would make up the minority of governance voting power.
- → The Voting Window for the 4th Period of Algorand Community Governance closes today. A reminder to all eligible Governors to vote before the window closes at 11:59:59 pm SGT time.