- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago by Fiach_Dubh.
- Saturday, July 23rd, 2022 at 21:12 #343908kai-zarParticipant
Is it a good idea to access your bitcoin hot wallets or hardware wallets with a VPN like proton running? Does this add extra security and privacy or does it make you vulnerable to hack attacks?Saturday, July 23rd, 2022 at 21:22 #343909Fiach_Dubh
yes it helps, but you can go a step further and use Bitcoin native wallets with your own node that don’t rely on any third parties.
sparrow wallet + Bitcoin core for instance
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Related Forum Topics:
- → My attempts at questioning “custodial” wallets – these new custodial wallets aren’t even “not your keys not your bitcoin” they’re artificially inflating bitcoin because they’re selling bitcoin they don’t own
- → Any good resources on how to be safe (don’t get hacked/scammed) when using hot wallets? No hardware wallets, just rules to follow when browsing with online wallets.
- → Will Europeans be required to hold a ‘license’ before being permitted to use wallets in the future? If so is this license only apply to CEX wallets or would it go further for normal self custody wallets (eg BlueWallet or Trezor)
- → EL Salvador started using bitcoin. Arizona trying to pass bills to use bitcoin. Ukraine just legalized bitcoin. Other US states trying to get on with bitcoin. Staples arena is now CRYPTO ARENA. BTC is………down
- → Daedalus only works with VPN enabled
- → A regularly updated VPN providers list, which accepts Bitcoins and another cryptocurrency.
- → Can I use vpn on binance to download my csv? Their customer support sucks
- → Blockchain’s most popular (d)VPN Mysterium, launches a $3m fund to attract product builders to their new privacy ecosystem [Crypto News]
- → Just an fyi: F2Pool is doing zero fees for Ukrainian miners. (And no you can’t just vpn)
- → Do I need a VPN to buy Ripple in the US?
- → I did it guys! Running full node behind a VPN
- → private vpn
- → Best resources/tutorials for decentralizing your PC via VPN/TOR?
- → Running a node through a VPN.
- → Is anyone else having problems accessing Polygon Web Wallet?